GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's about time ?

It's about time we had another grasshoper meet
and if you are lucky I will show you my Cedric !!!!!!!!!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Ahhhh....Glasshopper.

I was thinking the same thing :). NO not naming my old boy :eek:.

Having another Grasshopper,:) even if it isn't at the grasshopper.

I remember the surgestion of using another more northern location around the bottom of the
M1 area to incourage more to attend.

But there were no surgestions.

Does any one know a nice pub in that area with a large car park, like the Grasshopper had??:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Place mmmmmmm

How about somewhere around Denham, Beaconsfield Area.
Its easy accesable from M25 which connects most motorways.
Tony if you read this can you suggest anywhere as your from that neck of the woods.
Failing that I will take a drive out there and have a look if people think its a good idea.
I know there is a Pub/Beefeater called the Royal Saracens Head on the main roundabout in Beaconsfield ??
Just a thought for a meeting place :D :D
Best regards

·
Registered
694 Posts
I was sitting here thinking the same as everyone else only last week !

How about this just as a suggestion, as we all agree that we should have another meet but as yet are undecided as to where to meet, why don't we agree a date and say for this time around that it will be at the Grasshopper but the venue will change for next time around ? At least then we will all be able to meet again soon (and whilst the weather may still be good) and we could discuss whilst at the Grasshopper where we can meet in the future ?

Any comments on this anyone ?

:confused:

Shaun.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Beaconsfield area

Alan,

Beaconsfield area would be a definate plus for me:) . Can't give any suggestions at the minute but I'll ask around. Don't mind meeting up at the Grasshopper this time around though.....

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Meeting

Still trying to think of a place that has some nice roads ;)
If you get my drift ;)
Next suggestion would be further north but not far
Chalfonts !!
Nice dual carriage way with no cameras :D
But No problem with the grasshopper either if we decide to meet there.
Any More Ideas :confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Magpies

Alan,

Just a suggestion but what about the 'Magpies' on the A404 between Amersham and Beaconsfield?

Plenty of good roads, no speed camera's (and I should know :D and a BIG car park at the pub.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Yep

You seem to know the area quite well so that seems OK with me for a meet just got to find out if anyone else is interested .
I take my bike for a trip out to Amersham every now and again and yes the roads are quite fast .
There is a speed camera coming back into chalfonts from amersham (Yes or No) :confused: :confused:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

I think a new venue should, like the Grasshopper, be out in the sticks. :)
I like the more secluded aspect of the Grasshopper and would hate to go to
some busy pub where it will fill up with RS Turbo driving spectators and other
large numbers of passers by as soon as we arrive. :(

Nice roads would also be good too. ;)

But I'm still happy with the old place and would be glad to go there again 'til a new
more central venue is found. :D

All we need is someone to stick a stake in the ground and name a date.

How about,........... Sunday Sept 30th, two and a half weeks before we see each
other again at the Dyno Day :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Speed camera

Alan,

Give me a tick (Or a day or two) and I'll get the full info on where all the cameras are. A friend has one of the Geodysy Morpheus GPS contraptions. If people are coming straight off the M40 into Beaconsfield and onto the A404, then there aren't any cameras and the roads around the area vary from windy back roads to stonking dual carraigeways. I'm not too sure about the route to Amersham from the Chalfonts. There is a camera as you come into little Chalfont from Chorley wood just before the railway bridge. Its a 60 - 30 mph transition just by a school so you will get clobbered....just checked with my friend....No more cameras on that road right up to the M25.

Between us, we can't think of any other cameras in the pseudo-immediate area

Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sticks

Scott,

This pub is pretty much out in the sticks. Well about as out in the sticks as you get in this part of the country!!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Next meeting

Gents,

I wasn't able to make the last Grasshopper meeting due to work :(

The new venue and date sounds good.
Are we agreed on 30 September and what/where is the pub?

BTW - Who is gonna ride shotgun first to make sure the local bizzys don't turn up with a gun?

John

·
Registered
506 Posts
30th Sept

30th Sept sounds good to me:) . If we are gonna go for the Magpies, I'll shoot by at the weekend and make sure they don't have any 'kids days' or any other 'public-enticing' promotions on

·
Registered
506 Posts
Oops!!

Gents,

Not trying to be funny, but I suggest that I change my user name to RETARD:eek: . Its a common theme in my messages. I'm up North that weekend. I have no problems taking a recky and organising maps etc. I'm free every other weekend....sorry:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Beaconsfield/Amersham meeting

Hi everyone,
This Magpie pub being talked about, if it is the one I think it is, looks ideal. Nice roads around, easy to find direction wise, but be careful, Bucks plod have a habit of waiting by r/bouts, just hidden from view. I recently drove down the dual caridgeway from Denham towards Chalfonts, its great no camera's I thought, until I came through the first r/bout, heading towards the second one.......Ahhhh plod looking very menacing....I think they were just setting up laser!!! so I was OK....pity the poor sods later. However only about 2 hours later I returned the other way, and they'd gone. SO IF DRIVING AROUND THAT AREA.....BE CAREFUL!!, they also seem quite mobile!
An alternative would be the Royal Standard pub between Beaconsfield and Penn, its got a large car park and was the first Skyline meet I went to over 4 years ago.....remember Joss??? The only problem with this pub is that its a bugger of a place to find....but it would lead to a bit of interest trying to find it though wouldn't it??
Unfortunately the suggested date of 30th Sept I will be in Edinburgh at a wedding
never mind, I'll no doubt get to hear all about it!!!!
regards
wroestar

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Is it on?

Okay this will be my first meet, Is it firstly still on and secondly is it at the Grasshopper this time and Magpie next or at the Magpie this time?

Also if it is on what sort of time do you guys meet? Is it a 11.30 meet so as to at least get semi clear roads for the drive down?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts