GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:runaway:The hours have finally counted down and I have my UMS Black Edition on my drive.

I haven't had to wait the months and years like most on this Board but, to me, the searching and waiting over the last few months has been full of anticipation, concern and now excitement.

My car has just had six months service performed, plus rear parking sensors and the all important y-pipe fitted by Middlehurst. First impressions are:
- It's more comfortable than I remember from the test drives.
- The UMS Silver colour looks great against the black painted alloys. Plus love the part red leather interior.
- Suspension not as hard as I remember and no real difference in the comfort mode.
- The gearbox in auto is so smooth. First and reverse gears are not great on inclines!
- Steering is fantastic, maybe not the feedback of a 997 but then the front end is not moving about so much!. Is feels over servo'd at low speed but good weighting when on the "metal".
- Brakes feel spongy? I suspect they haven't been used with vigour yet (only 2000 miles). I would expect them to improve soon!!
- Gadget galore, bloody dangerous using on the move! Reading the manual tonight so will no more later.
- Y-Pipe makes a big difference but I still feel it could sound a little more "interesting" on full chat.
- Best bit : Performance. Engine, power & torque really does amaze me but and a big but - the chassis is simply stunning. It's the chassis that makes the engine feel so good as it just simply consumes every single horsepower into forward progress.
With any new car I've had, I usually have a sense of eurphoria, so I won't compare to previous cars yet but it's a stunning piece of kit and surprisingly as exciting to drive at slow speeds as any other car I've owned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The good bit is ............................... It gets better every time you drive it,congats and welcome to the club !!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have my UMS Black Edition on my drive. ()
The UMS Silver colour looks great against the black painted alloys. Plus love the part red leather interior.
Congratulations! My ideal combination – hope to join you next year :cool:

surprisingly as exciting to drive at slow speeds as any other car I've owned.
This bit is music to my ears :thumbsup:

Would love to see some pics :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats......hoping to collect mine tomorrow....first test will be how well sealed the car is as its bound to be raining heavily ;-(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Did you buy a second hand UK spec car?
Was this through MH or independent?

Just curious to get a handle on depreciation values etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats GTRYorks.

The car gets better and better by the day.

I am still looking for new scenic routes that will provide a fast safe and exhilirating drive. I have heard tere are a few in east Yorks, care to recommend any?

Thanks , btw I am based in Manchester.

·
Registered
816 Posts
KK1

A635 to holmfirth is a good one (had so much fun I nearly rolled), not too familiar with that area but Jct 22 off M62 the area to the south of M62 as you look at it on google maps I found a few nice roads round there but not sure which ones.

Oops, just realised you said East Yorkshire. I was thinking of road around Manchester. Only road I know that side is B1228 from Howden to Elvington as we use it to go to TOTB every year. I used it recently though and the road surface is poor now so maybe give it a miss.

I'd be interested to know some good roads East Yorkshire way too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are some great roads.

The roads from howden to York is great but generally going from York to Malton, Malton to Helmsley, any route back to Beverley from North Yorks will be great. Plod tend to focus on Thursday evenings and Sundays re bikers but generally mid week am the roads can be deserted.

Another good one is Humber bridge to Cadwell area via Humberside Airport. Plus the motorways in the area are generally the quietest in the country - just watch the bridges!

If you want a quick blast to test the capability of a car (usually use for test drives!) then there is a short section (1 mile) off the A164 Humber Bridge to Beverley road. After Cottingham/Skidby roundabout look for B-road to Walkington. Its a eight bend section with total visibility of any oncoming traffic, big dips, on-camber / off-camber, high grip / low grip section of road. Sod it I'm off now to try it again!!! :clap:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rich001,

I was wondering about the holmfirth road, was pretty sure it wasn't in East Yorks. Thanks for clarifying that.

·
Registered
300 Posts
just wait till after 5000/6000 miles to feel the dif between comf; N and R. That thing is good.

gearbox : use manual on hills ....and everywhere for that matter. :)

and

ENJOYYYYYYY ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Glad you got sorted, just wish it had been mine that you bought - gives me more enjoyment time though :clap:

Make sure you send somebody my way if you know anybody that wants to buy ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Beverley to Malton/pickering and then the A169 to Whitby for an ice cream on the sea front, great roads fantastic views. I will keep an eye out for you around East Yorks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.