GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....the performance from the Skyline boys on Sunday at Ten of the best was truly awesome, particularly Ronnie and Tokyo!! I could go on, but I think it's already been said!

Unfortunately owning a Skyline will remain in my 'Wish-List' for some time, as I can't imagine let alone consider the costs involved in tuning one to this level.

Anyway, I borrowed a Blitz Sequential Boost Controller for the weekend for use in my 'Tiny' 270bhp RS Turbo and was VERY impressed with the results. It ironed out all the previous Boost Spikes that I was experiencing and the level of adjustment and functionality is amazing. However, I saw on Sunday several cars with the Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller and am interested in maybe getting one of these. Can anyone advise me where is the cheapest place to buy one?? Is it worth considering buying from the USA maybe? Also, I wonder if it would be any problem to fit to a car that is no-where near as advanced as those it was designed for?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Hi Christian & Bec

Only bit of advice I can give you is to not purchase anything electrical from abroad. I would worry that if it turns up and doesn't work you probably won't have a leg to stand on. Their are enough tuners over here who can supply you with the part, albeit more expensive, and the back-up should you require it :) .

You'd have to speak with a tuner regarding fitment.

Hope this helps.

glen

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Fitting the AVC-r should be ok on a single turbo car.

once I knew which pipes to connect to it was easy.

You may have some fun with the wiring loom on the ECU.
get ahold of a pinout diagram for your car's ecu then look on the apexi website for the instructions and see if the wires you need tally with the ones on your ecu block.
the wires should all be there but they may be called different things.

there should be a feature going up on this site soon about how to fit one to a skyline if you get the controller and it isn't available let me know and I'll send it to you.

BTW Glen said some wise words there, it may be 2/3 the price abroad but when it breaks or you need a hand to get it going you have absolutely no back up. this means you will need to buy another one costing a minimum of 2/3 the price unless you get it here costing 1/1 then you will have spent 1 1/2 to 1 2/3 what you would have spent buying it here in the first place.

plus with the ad vice you can get when you set it up having a local dealer get it is the best bet......

waffle waffle

/Steve

·
Registered
840 Posts
Apexi claim to give no guarantee on any of they're products outside of Japan. (is'nt that against the law?) Anyway I've only got a single (very wee) T28 and I bought an AVC-R (despite warantee claims), it's an absolutly Fandabby peice of kit. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts