GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new car yesterday!!! almost....

Drove 200 miles to Southampton on tuesday with my brother in his 1970's mini!!
paid the nasty customs people ally thier money, get the keys and turn them...... NOTHING!!!! engine turns over but no fire!
more fuel... nothing...
now dead battery... borrow a booster pack and hook it up to the mini... still dead...
and to compound the problem... the exhaust was totally ****ckd!

now the car is being transported back to my house on friday... £200 for the delivery, £150 for a new exhaust... (Thanks Jamie) arse... and I still have to try to make it work!!! I hate being skint!

anyone have any ideas or pointers on what causes the engine not to fire??
where is the fuel pump located? and the fuel filters?

or is there something more simple that ive overlooked??

Oh, and it doesnt have an imobiliser.... :)

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Good luck Matt. I bet that it will be something really simple. Do it logically and check at engine for petrol and spark and then work your way back. Fuel pump is controlled by a fuse so it could be that. You need someones fully working car to see where things are and what they do.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Matt, I would definately check all the fuses, as it does sound like maybe the fuel pump isn't working.

You should hear a 'buzzing' noise for 4/5 seconds when you first turn the key, this is the fuel system pressurising, do you here this noise?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried listning for the buzz, but the dockside was pretty noisy, and the skyline is quite nicely insulated... did check the fuses, and they seemed to be intact...
on the fuel rail, at the front of the car there are two fuel lines... I could only remove the top one... (didnt take any proper tools) but that was as dry as a bone... was that the fuel in, or fuel return pipe... sucking the pipe brought fuel up, but turning the key didnt squirt any out of the pipe, or the conector it was origonally joined to...
Is the fuel pump at the back of the car somewhere, or under the bonnet??

·
Registered
520 Posts
On my R33 GTR the fuel pump is located in the fuel tank. It is accessable by removing a panel in the boot on the shelf where the battery is situated.

As I've said this is an R33 GTR, your car could be (and probably is) different.

·
Registered
335 Posts
check

Good idea to check if anything is missing from the car if its direct from japan via ro-ro.
Some people will steal anything.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nothing ever goes right matt, both our skyline purchases went rong..... Oh and hardly any Jap Imports have Immobilisers, as car crime so I was told is rare in Japan

Sad news mate.

Still It wont get any worse now will it:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts