GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
JM700 MY19 Recaro Widebody
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a few weeks now.

1am driving home from visiting a family member in Peebles.

Driving up back roads on my way home and went through a small village - totally dead. All of a sudden a massive BANGBANGBANG - was so loud thought I'd been shot at or something.

Glanced very quickly and youngsters were at the edge of a farm!?

Never realised immediately it was eggs but drove further up the road till I came to the next village with street lights. Got out the car to inspect and couldn't believe it.

Being Scotland, it's freezing at that time of the morning and it had gone like laquer all over the roof and down the drivers door. You could physically knock on it, with tiny fractions of egg shell all sealed into the solid egg..:runaway:

Not much I could do in the middle of nowhere at 1am in the morning so I poured the remainder of my 1 litre of volvic over it and the windscreen which did nothing except turn to ice.:runaway:

So I drove home and spent the next hour trying to wash the car in pitch black. Didn't want to use any cloths or anything because it would just scratch the paint.

Woke up in the morning and the damage was evident.

There's a shape of an egg right through the paint work on the rear pillar, with scuff lines from the motion of it hitting the car at an angle.

If the Ba&&*&^rds had hit it a fraction of a second quicker then it would've went right through the rear driver side window. I wish it had!!

So now what's the best option?

There is no way that I could just get the pillar sprayed as it's black - the whole thing would need painted.

Full re-spray or matte black wrap?

Husband doesn't want to wrap it because it's not likely the panels of the car would go back to together clean and most clips will need replaced.

Totally gutted.

I wish I'd had a flame torch and I could've went back to get them!:flame:

As a 25 yr old lady on her own, I wasn't about to turn round and take on the group!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
That must be so Eggsaperating :(
Come on mike up your eggspectations

It you decide on the wrap route and where to use us then I can absolutely guarantee the car will go back together perfectly

We just fully wrapped GTR #33 so know them inside out

Either way sorry to hear of your troubles

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Really sorry to hear that mate and I'm sure it must have been a bit of a freight for you. [email protected] [email protected]!!

I had a similar thing once many moons a go but it was with chestnuts and the lads were old enough to know better. Let's just say I had some revenge ;)

Re the damage, if it's marks in the paint/clear coat, try a bit of diminishing abrasive polish, unless there's a dent of course? If there's no dent some decent polish with some elbow grease or the use of a da polisher/rotary should do the trick. Got some pretty nasty marks of mine in the past.

Good luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would rather wrap it in Scotland if doing so!

Flynn stop being a bawjaws.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Flynn stop being a bawjaws.
If thats how you want to picture me, then very well. Whatever floats your boat.

Seriously though, Take it to a good bodyshop. They'll sort it no probs.

Get some pics and and I might be able to help.

.............................you can put some pics up for the damage to car as well if you like....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm on holiday just now and wifi's temperamental.

Will try to get some pics up.

Not sure of the paint. It's a black edition 59 plate.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Water turning into ice? Is it really that cold now in Scotland? o.0

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Water turning into ice? Is it really that cold now in Scotland? o.0
Yep! It didn't help that I kept having to spray the windows and stop and scrape even with the window heat on full blast!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
wow, I guess I shouldn't be whinging so much here when it gets bit nippy in the early mornings and evenings lol.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If the choice is spray or wrap, I suggest the latter.
Make your GT-R look a bit different to everyone else's. :thumbsup:

Don't use any old wrapper though, there are some real cowboys out there.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts