GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any problems with the under trays coming loose. Ive got what sounds like a plasticky rattle coming from underneath. Only at low speeds on rough shite rounds that need relaying. Cant hear it at speed or when tarmac is smooth. Any ideas please.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Has anybody had any problems with the under trays coming loose. Ive got what sounds like a plasticky rattle coming from underneath. Only at low speeds on rough shite rounds that need relaying. Cant hear it at speed or when tarmac is smooth. Any ideas please.
Yes, the Nissan bolts are crap, they corrode and break! Get some new stainless steel ones fitted.

·
Premium Member
3,327 Posts
Contact Ian Temple at IZFast, he has supplied loads of bolt kits for GTR under trays. Tel. 01908366077

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Yep mine are ratteling sounds like the car is going to shake appart on rough road lol

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Its your rear brake callipers making that noise, when you hear the rattle again just lightly put your foot on the brakes the rattle will go.

Bobby

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, the Nissan bolts are crap, they corrode and break! Get some new stainless steel ones fitted.
yes they are crap but they don't come lose if its rattling from there I would say some have been put in on the piss or snapped off change for stainless and copper grease when fitting

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its your rear brake callipers making that noise, when you hear the rattle again just lightly put your foot on the brakes the rattle will go.

Bobby
Noise sounds like its under my feet ......when driving that is, just thought I'd add that before I get any wise sarcastic comments. Ha ha ha

·
Registered
484 Posts
Had the rear undertray off last week for new exhaust, 3 or 4 nearly snapped but with a quick spray with penertrating oil they all came out ok (Just) ) MY 09

Problem is they all went back in, i wish i had took a stainless set with me,

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

Bobby
+1

Noise sounds like its under my feet ......when driving that is, just thought I'd add that before I get any wise sarcastic comments. Ha ha ha
The "dinner plate rattle" in the GTR can be silly and sounds like its coming from everywhere.... I only found it by chance on a slow bumpy road, touched the brakes and noticed the noise disappeared. Its the pre-tension clips...

Give it a try!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely changing my ones then.

Going to get some ordered soonest.

Im also in a MY09.

due a service soon, so perfect opportunity.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1

The "dinner plate rattle" in the GTR can be silly and sounds like its coming from everywhere.... I only found it by chance on a slow bumpy road, touched the brakes and noticed the noise disappeared. Its the pre-tension clips...

Give it a try!
I'll try it today,

Report back later

cheers

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I'll try it today,

Report back later

cheers
Good man....

The bolts are worth doing as well (mine were done ages ago), not sure where you get the car serviced, but I think Sly keeps sets in stock.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts