GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I feel it is now time for me to hang up my Moderator role.

My decision is based on the following:

1. When Cem offered me the role I did say to him that I would love to help and be part of this site but, I did say that I would not be looking to do this forever. This is due to my work commitments and basically how much free time I can spend on here.

2. My relationship with AbbeyMotorsport means that I am too high profile (not being big-headed just realistic) to be a Moderator. I have found it hard being at all the shows/meets chatting with new, and old, members knowing that my Moderating role gives me a somewhat increased presence and therefore could sway peoples decisions based on that.

This site needs a broad spread of Moderators and therefore the roles of JasonO, PeterE and DCD are superb. I have had a hand in the putting forward of these guys and my thoughts are based on the following reasons:

Jason has previous experience with Moderating, due to SDU, and is based North of Watford :D . OK he uses Rod Bell but we all have a cross to bear. Kidding Jason :D .

Peter is an 'old hand' when it comes to the GTR site and is very very proactive in the 'Skyline Tyre Squealing' area due to his love of Circuits. Also he brings to it a great balance as he has visited nearly all the Tuners and does quite a lot of DIY :) .

Dino, well what can you say but 'Our Man in Japan' :smokin: . How cool is that. Plus he can check the site out while we are all in bed :D . I think Dino uses some back street garage in Tokyo called Mines or something :D .

I only wanted to explain this as I want members to know that what goes on behind the scenes is ALL for the good of this site.

On a final note I must say that I may be moving into the Trade area of Skylines in the future. Once again my decision to hang up my keyboard is not based on this alone but I realise that a Trader in any form cannot be a Moderator.

Thanks Cem, and ALL you guys and gals here, for the support you have given me. I've enjoyed every minute of my role as a Moderator and I mean that most sincerely.

Onwards and upwards.

glen

ps. Right Boxing Gloves off, who's up for a fight then :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Glen,

Just want to thank you for all your time and effort during your time as a mod and thanks for putting me forward. I guess most of us will appreciate your position and understand your reasons for wanting to step down.

See you tomorrow hopefully. :)

Best wishes.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Glen, I think you have done a great job of moderating along with Dino, Guy, Jason, and Peter.

Cem couldn't have chosen anyone better to moderate.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Glen,

I'm kinda sad to see you go. :(

I fully appreciate your reasons for stepping down at this time, and only hope that we will still have your very valuable input around here as we move into the future.

I'd just like to be clear at this time, that I am glad you were putting both Peter and I forward, would have been most embarrasing if you were backing us up, what with your nylons and all that ;)

Oh Yeah, and I'll fight you anytime, ya big girly woos :p

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
It was with regret when you told me of your intentions early last week, but as I said then, it was an honourable thing to do in light of recent developments.

Please remember that there is always a place for you on this forum within the team of moderators. I look forward to even more involved support now that you are free to do what you really want.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure I won't be the last in saying thanks not only for helping me kickstart this site, but also for being Tokyo.

Cem

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Glen, much respect to you for what you are doing. I'm sure you will continue to be a valuable part of this forum.

Cheers for the kind words:)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Glen

You were a moderator - damn, I never noticed....!

Seriously though, I understand your reasons and wish you the best of luck. I know you've got GTR blood in your vains.......

Guy

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Echo

Good luck from an observer! You all do a fine job <'crawl crawl'>

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Thanks for all your efforts to date, glen. Best wishes with your new priorities and hopefully we'll still see you contributing to the forums in other ways.

Cya O!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just to concur with all that's been said here. Good luck mate, and thanks for your input into making this site what it is.:) :smokin:

Andy T.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Glen,

I wish you the greatest success in your new ventures! Its a major shame to see you leaving, but I can see why you feel its the right time to remove the Moderators cap :(

Good luck dude, thanks for your kind words RE my car :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
425 Posts
Can understand your reasons Glen, good luck in your ventures, hope to see you at a meet sometime

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Do you mean 'Hollywood' nightclub in Romford

If so its now called Vivid and Elite.

I prefer Time and Envy myself as they play a lot more of the 'early' and uptodate Dance stuff :) .

glen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts