GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Thank for all the kind words all. I was not going to do a write up thread, as i was a bit depressed as to its condition when it was all stripped down :(.
Your arches looked better than mine:p

I would love to do this to my car if (A) I had the money and (B) I did not want to risk pranging it as soon as I have got it done.

Anyway looking forward to seeing it done:cool:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Great write up, just been through the same thing (but at a much lesser level) - I took off those pesky little spats to find a rust spot ... luckily no where near as bad - so just got my car back from having it sorted, plus some other little bits.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You're very brave to undertake this, Scott!
The transformation will be worth it as everyone says. Stick with it, mon ami!
Great choice of colour - will look superb...
Clive.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I have just been informed that despite the fact my car is not finished,
(far from it in fact :rolleyes: ), it has already made its way into a Meguiars advert: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Mind you, Mr Bibbys Supra got right in the way!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't worry Scott your car's going to look great. Exellent choice for an OEM colour too - very striking! :smokin:

Once the primer's on I'm sure it won't the boys long to finish her. If you're lucky I might end up detailing and valeting for you before you're handed back the keys :chuckle:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Don't worry Scott your car's going to look great. Exellent choice for an OEM colour too - very striking! :smokin:

Once the primer's on I'm sure it won't the boys long to finish her. If you're lucky I might end up detailing and valeting for you before you're handed back the keys :chuckle:
Carl popped round last night to give me a copy of the Meguiars advert, and told me it will all be in primer by the weekend :bowdown1: . Then it will be left for a week to 'settle', as it is never good to paint on fresh primer. During that time the brakes are being skimmed.

The only problem I have Goodwood Saturday and the Pod Sunday, so I won't get to see her in primer until next week. What a roast!!! :bawling: :bawling:

Seeing the bonnet and boot finished, I REALLY can't wait to see the finish colour in the flesh!!! :smokin:

As for the Valet, it needs it, the interior is absolutely caked in dust!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
889 Posts
This is looking very good:cool:
Nice to see proffesionals doing their work:bowdown1:
I bet you vill be over the moon when she is finished, looking just like new:)

Terje.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Mr Bibby brought round my newly sprayed Plenum and spark plug cover last night. :D

I know it is not much, but at least I can see the finished colour of the car. :smokin:

The finish, even of these greasy bits, is like glass!!:smokin: :smokin:

Missus keeps taking the p1ss out of me as I keep popping out to the conservatory to look at them. :nervous: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Well, what do birds know about a beautifully painted plenum????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Beautiful ... you're making me jealous .. shiny engine components ... mmmh

With all this work I reckon it's actually going to be in the best condition it's ever been in.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts