GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Anyone from the south east wana go to JAE at billing on sunday in convoy? if so i will organinze a south mimms convoy for the morning.

Are there any plans for the 10 of the best attendees (www.trackdayplus.co.uk, if u have had ur head in the sand)
to go up early on the sunday?

same again if people want we could organize a big multi-club convoy that could stop off at service staions on the way to pick up more as we travel oop norf? we have done this in the past and had as many as 60 cars in a line on the way to the pod :)

cheers Lex

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Me

I'm up for the 10 of the best. Let me know where and at what time you want to meet.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
howsie,

we normally meet at south mimms services on the a1m/m25.

im waiting for the organizers to let me know wot time we need to be threre for so that we can plan the covoy accordingly.

should be a fun run up there, we mite even bump into the cossie convoy on the way ;)

cheers Lex

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I may/may not be in the convoy as I have already booked a room for the night before because the track is open on the day before!!! but keep me informed as I may just come up on the day with you guys!!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Lex DakarDatsun said:
lisa,

im not 2 sure coz the list keeps changing :p

James K, grant, Ray and myself arew the only i know 4 defo. im keen to see u launch with ur quaiffe box. also i only just saw ur pic on Hiteqs banzai advert, very nice action shot!

cheers Lex
Just hope some of the "big guns" of the list are still running - people like Ash Smith, Nigel Dale (Paul Hardcastles old car), the guy who bought Alan K's car, the guy who's bought Cashy's car.

I'm not - but then, i dunno what i'm putting out anymore.

Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
scary...just got home and all the entry passes and forms had arrived today!!! am well excited!!! and nervous.....:)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,

after an excellent meet last nite at the French horn some firmer plans have materialized.

Rx7s are gona meet J11/M25 at 11:00 and getting
to Todding Services on the M1 at about 11:45 if anyone wants to tag along for JAE on sunday. Japukmeets will organize a convoy from south mimms all are welcome.

The plan so far for 10 of the best is to meet up at South Mimms on sunday 4th at 6am and then on up the M1 to elvington, pulling in at services on request.

cheers Lex

:smokin:

P.S Lisa ur xenons defo gave me a fright last nite & ur rubber is just cheatin mate :p

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
ha ha...thought you got a fright....you wouldnt admit it though!!!! and I think the whole pub now knows what rubber I use!!!! tyres for anyone that wasnt there!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lisa,
i just had to pull over and let u by coz a could believe how cheeky the xenon headlighted car behind was being, Lukes mate Tonys' exclaimed 'DUCK Its a SKYLINE'
as u whizzed past and yes the whole pub know that u prefer full blown F1 slicks to normal road goin rubber :p

Sth Mimms 6am sunday for 10best convoy

Lex

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I love them roundabouts!!! damp weather....could be an experience!!!! lex, if you can take it, will let you come out in the beast!!!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I cant go at that time as I wont be able to sign on for 9am...and I am waiting for someone to get back to me as to what they are doing!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Lisa,

Myself and Rupert along with a few of the others I'm sure are going to be heading up on the Saturday - So don't worry about being on your tod if you want to go up early.

Rgds,

Paul

1 - 20 of 37 Posts