GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are just a few pics of the many i took at JAE on saturday, i hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as i did and didn't end up with the morning after hangover dan and i had..lol...... me and credit cards are bad.

i have far too many pics of the rb31 but you try getting away from him when he's had a drink and on a roll..lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
NIce one, i was there on Sunday but not many GTR's were left at the stand as alot or cars was leaving early afternoon

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Well I can't find any other 'after' JAE threads so we'll go with this one :thumbsup:

What can I say, another awesome weekend was had by all I believe with the old, the new & some converts I believe as well to the GTROC culture :p

My special thanks go :

* SIMON & JACKIE who much to my surprise turned up on the Thursday to help me set up the stand & keep guard on it till the rest of the rabble arrived on Friday! They also stuck around on Sunday pack up our stand as well as saving my aching back from by sourcing an inflatable mattress that I forgot to bring on Saturday morning as two nights on that ground was hell!

* ROSS & PENNY/PENNIE !?!! (aka. Grandad & G.W.A - Grandma with attitude - or GWAGWA (pronounced Gwaa Gwaa) if you also call Ross 'Grandad with Attitude' ;) ) who constantly pulled rabbits out of the hat to provide freezer services so you all didn't die of food poisoning. Lighting, petrol, the BBQ, charcoal & a whole host of stuff that kept us all going that you wouldn't have been aware of behind the scenes.

* Those responsible for the new GTROC media unit which obviously was well liked or envied by the number of times our stand was mentioned during all the events on Friday & Saturday by the commentators!

* The FUG & all his team for another dam fine J.A.E - what a top location Wicksteed Park was which many people agreed - though next year can we 01.) have the same spot? 02.) Have Team Sushi in the same place too as they were superb neighbours! 03.) Maybe a little earlier in the months than September so the evenings are warmer :chuckle: 04.) A toilet block nearer to us please so guided tours & 'armed' expeditions weren't needed in the hours of darkness from a few twats there ...

* DANNYH our raining eating champion who didn't manage to vomit in this years eating contest :thumbsup: :p Apparently though, Danny informs us that MOO will be taking his place next year ... :p

* KEVIN & the 'DARK SMURF' from the Nissan stand as well as CINNY & her son from Banzai :thumbsup: Legends are you all & you know why :p

* IMS & DAVEW for the banter, the valeting & of course the pyromaniacs dream of a brazier (sorry BBQ as your not allowed braziers) for warmth on Saturday night :thumbsup:

* MOO for the comic relief & built in PA system :runaway: :p

* Everybody for not dying once more after my BBQ's so my reputation continues ... not :p

* Everyone who contributed over the weekend who made this years stand what it was & we also won a nice big trophy for our troubles too in the form of "BEST ACTIVITIES ON CLUB STAND" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well done everyone :clap:

As I said I could go on as there were loads of you to mention, but I'm crap with names & still bloody tired after seven hours of sleep between Thursday & Sunday - so as your names come back to me or I get reminders I'll post those later :thumbsup:

I didn't take many photos as I left that to others this year with everything I was doing but I'll post what I have soon. In the meantime ...

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Not much has been said about JAE on our forum let alone others MOO, give'em a chance as many are still recovering like us!

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Just to add to the comments:

big thanks to :
  • Fuggles (& all those involved in the fit out) for the excellent events vehicle (and JAE of course!)
  • Kriss and his partner (...aka "his glamarous assistant") who looked after the stand, cooked, forced themselves to stay awake when they should have gone to bed, just so they could lock up our drinks/equipment etc and made sure everything ran smoothly.:bowdown1:
  • Everyone there for the company and fun (sorry if I appeared rude - I was just doing my annual all day clean to the car and happily chatted to people imbetween).
Pity so many left so early on Sunday - not normally what happens:runaway:.

few pics to follow (though mostly mine and Dave's...sorry, we had to record some of the cleaning results):p;)

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
apologies for the selfishness!!!:

DaveW's car:

Mine:

The stand on Sunday (after most had gone, sorry!):

·
Registered
451 Posts
Had a great time :)
Jacki enjoyed it even though she is really not into cars at all
Chris it was a pleasure to help :thumbsup:
Moo thanks for lift to Tesco's in your car its Awesome
Here is a few pics i took

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
nice GTROC events trailer!

would be interested to know if there is anything else the club needs for events, or similar, that it would buy if it had the cash?

ed

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Well i had a good weekend :)
Thanks to kris and his girlfriend we had our chin wags....
mo for bein a totall nutter makin me laugh the whole weekend....

and the guys at night for the guided tour to the toilets at night...
alsoooo
ruth and kris girlfriend for the guided speakin tours to the toilet at night too :)
hmmm
ims for spending hours cleanin his car with a tiny cloth/spongde thing diaminter of about 2cm haha .....

i drank to much at the weekend thooo :( haha ....
well i shall be there next year :) haha (god help yas) haha

·
Registered
26,315 Posts

would be interested to know if there is anything else the club needs for events, or similar, that it would buy if it had the cash?

ed
Lots! The Club is always looking to provide the best facilities it can for members. Even now the GTROC Unit is not finished but it was close enough to be used at this event and was what won us the trophy for "Best Activities on a Club Stand"

What you can't see is the 42" plasma, DVD player, PC and other stuff inside the unit, as well as the 20' telescopic lighting tower used at night, all run off our own generator. A pretty good start admittedly but we could do with more! :)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
& there was me like so many others thinking it was the funky wallpaper :p

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks like everyone had a lot of fun.
I really like DaveW's car :)
And the trailer is pretty awesome as well!

Justin

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts
copied some posts from team sushi...

Re: A Huge Thank You (JAE)
by Shug on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:01 pm

"Also a massive thank you does go to my gorgeous little midget for organizing the whole weekend and sorting out our spot when we got
there cause we got shifted around alot due to alot of clubs showing up but we got a sweet spot beside the gtroc club who were excellent banter especially
mo who made us very welcome and was a quality laugh too.
So thank you babe..."

by Shug on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks mo, really appreciated what you said about us, and yeah we are just one huge family always here for each other.
Your a top bloke too mate, can't wait till next year and also hope to get a spot right next to you again.

That's quality that we got a mention too on your site, thanks.

by Sushi B**** on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:14 pm

It was great spot john gave us after we got there and couldnt find our origanl spot..everyone from the gtroc stand was great
and really friendly heres hopin we get beside them again next year:)

by Zool on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:09 pm

here here.
heres hoping that we can get alongside them next year, felt very welcomed by gtroc and really couldn't have had better pitch neighbours

by Woody on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Big up the GTROC

by Shug on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:46 pm

MAHOOSIVE BIG UP TO GTROC YO!!!!!

·
***S. Maestro***
892 Posts

ed

Stereo!

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
copied some posts from team sushi...
Told you oh impatient one :chuckle:

As for what else we're going to buy as highlighted by SNOWY above ... just wait & see ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Well it seems the cat is out of the bag ... John & MOO are in 'secret' love ... they're holding hands!

:p :p :p :p :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts