GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

word of warning for you if you're going to JAE at Billing in a few weeks. There's a gang of car thiefs going who are specifically looking for Skylines to nick and they aren't going after just cars either. Apparently they're going for things like exhausts, intercoolers, wheels etc.

If you haven't got any locking wheel nuts I'd get some for the event. I know this isn't just a rumour, because a not-so-honest "mate" of mine told me. Say no more etc.

James

p.s. Hope that's not put a dampener on things. It will still be a right laugh!

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Keep all doors locked while you are not watching your cars and introduce yourselves so we know who each are. I was wary of the people checking out the chassis plates last year but someone said that they were ok.
This could happen at any show. This may mean that I will keep my bonnet shut this year and we need to be a bit more careful what details we post on here. If you are meeting us at JAE this year and you want to talk to me via email regarding times to meet etc. and not post it up, feel free.
I will be impressed if they manage to nick someones intercooler when there back is turned. I have not fitted one, but it is not a quick job.
As Said earlier, you have been warned. Gaydon is a good place to browse as well :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
It takes me a good 15 mins to remove a front bumper with all the gear so I would love to see them do it on a camp site full of people !!!!

Richard

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Drift

Betta speak to your not so honest mate then haddent you?

Cant help but think that if your mate knows whom these people are then if anything does happen persons will be asking you about your mate.:confused:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lets play ball

I'm bringing a baseball bat with me incase any bastard tries nicking anything from my car! I'm especially worried as I only have bonnet pins holding my carbon bonnet on!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Hands Off & Cut

Rearrange these three words if any of us have any street thief try any knicking any parts of our most preciouse metal !!!
Just spent three days at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and must say that there were no such Probs there that I was aware of and there were thousands and thousands of lurvely motors there on the track as well as in the car parks, including one Bright YELLOW R43 GT-S, mine !!!! Also spotted two other R33's ansd a lovely little R32 (red)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not meaning to be rude

But you get a better class of people at places like goodwood. less chance of stuff getting nicked there!

By the way, you noticed I had "mate" in quote marks? He's not a friend of mine. Just a guy who drinks in my local.

James

·
Registered
554 Posts
davewilkins said:
Keep all doors locked while you are not watching your cars and introduce yourselves so we know who each are. I was wary of the people checking out the chassis plates last year but someone said that they were ok.
This could happen at any show. This may mean that I will keep my bonnet shut this year and we need to be a bit more careful what details we post on here. If you are meeting us at JAE this year and you want to talk to me via email regarding times to meet etc. and not post it up, feel free.
I will be impressed if they manage to nick someones intercooler when there back is turned. I have not fitted one, but it is not a quick job.
As Said earlier, you have been warned. Gaydon is a good place to browse as well :(
Seems a shame, but I think you may be right. **** me Id get pissed off if some fecker nicked me oil filler cap!

See ya there guys.....

Last yeat the 200 boys didnt go to sleep til 6am. Only problem being is that we were a bit messed by that time :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yeah Matt

but you SX owners are so young and full of energy :D . Not like a lot of us Skyline owners :( .

glen

ps. suppose I'd better lockwire everything down then :rolleyes:

pps. are you going to the ntoc thurs. if so see you their.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Its a shame people like that have to spoil it ! Was at a show there last weekend and some guy got most of his chrome bits stolen from his engine bay !!

Ok so it was only a Vectra but even still was his pride n joy !

I'll swing me handbag at anyone who comes near ours ! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts