GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Are any of you intending to go to the Japanese Sunday show / meet that Japanese Performance Magazine are putting on ?

I mentioned it several months back (prior to bolney) after speaking to the Ed of the magazine, and i believe there was some interest from a few people here.

It's less than a month away now, so i'm starting to get things organised for the GTI-R bregade. Basically, i think you have to phone some fella up (who's name and number is given in the mag) and reserve an area for your particular owners club. It's basically a shown 'n' shine type event (turn up, park up, swtich off and wander round admiring the motors).

It's being held at Hickstead showground (Sussex) on Sunday 7th July.

They've also got their sister magazine there (Street Machine) who will have a stack of American v8 Muscle cars on display (i believe they have this show ever year (and have for 10 years), and basically Jap Performance are gatecrashing it).

I can let you guys know what i find out, but i believe you'll still need someone to phone up to reserve you a place.

Only a few weeks to go too, so best get your skates on ! I think it should be a really good show / meet.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Daz,

Depending on interest would it be possible to join the GTI-R boys if there isn't much Skyline interest..?

The Hickstead showground is only a 3 minute drive from where I live so it would be a poor show if I didn't turn up.

how much will it cost to enter your car ?

if there is a problem perhaps you could post the number for the contact details here as I don't have the mag in question.

or maybe a web address ?

cheers mate

Steve

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve mate,

I've sent Martin Vincent (ed of the mag) an email as i haven't been able to get in contact with Nick Duncan.

I can't see it being a problem for the skylines to join the GTI-R's if there is low interest.

As soon as i know more, i'll post something up on the board so that you guys know what's going on and things can get sorted.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be good if you can make it Rupert. I'd love to get a proper look at your motor. Had a quick nose at the Dyno Day...well impressed to say the least.

I'm still waiting for a responce for Martin Vincent of Jap Performance Mag, as soon as i find out some info, i'll be sure to forward it on here.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AS PROMISED

As promised, here is some more info on the day (from the Ed of the Magazine)....

"The meet at Hickstead starts at 10am and goes on until 4pm. Entry is £4 per person and there will be a bar and places to buy food, music and DJ, a funfair, trade stands, and awards for the top three cars. Hickstead Showground is signposted off the main A23 London Road. There will also be a kit car show and a street rod meet at the same venue that day, but in different parts of the showground. See the July issue (out on 14th June I think) for more info.

I'm not involved in organising the event myself, but I will pass on the message that you need space for up to 30 cars. This can then be allocated and you will all be able to park/display the cars together"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys are going to be leaving it quite late to book your car allocation if you don't contact them soon.

We currently have around 18 to 20 cars from the GTI-R OC going, so, if we don't get too many more, and a few of you want to join us (because you haven't sorted your own parking allocation), feel free.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tigs,

Your GTI-R will be more than welcome :)

If you guys don't organise a skyline allocation, and a few of you tag onto our bit, then Tigs, feel free to bring the skyline instead.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to keep this in peoples minds i thought i'd put up another post.

There are alot more details about the day in this months Jap Performance Magazine, which i'm sure plenty of you purchase / read.

The GTI-R Owners Club have had 30 spaces allocated (as organised by myself). We currently have circa 20 of them taken.

4 of you guys have expressed an interest in going (Glen, Lisa, SteveC and Rupert), and i'm happy for them to be part of the GTI-R stand. This takes the allocation up to 24. If many more are interested in coming along, then i'll contact the guys putting on the day and ask for another 10 spaces, but i need to know fairly quickly as otherwise it'll probably be too late to increase the allocation.

I hope a few more of you will join us as i think a combined GTI-R / Skyline stand would look really good.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice One

Of course it's ok :D

I'm going to email them now to ask for an extra 10 spaces. This will give us 40 spaces.

Obviously i have to give priority to the GTI-R owners club as that's who i'm reserving space for, but we will be able to accomodate you guys as well (as i'm sure we won't get many more than 25 to 30 GTI-R's on the day).

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts