GTR Forum banner

Jap Sat Nav / TV

836 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Guys (& girls of course)

Do any of you know anyone who can convert a Jap spec Sat Nav / TV to UK spec ? It can't be that difficult and I am sure that it is only a NTSC to PAL (or the other way round) converter that is required for the TV ? As for the Sat Nav I am not sure. HELP pls

Thanks

#6 ·
cant do much with the sat nav.

You wanting to watch dvds on the r34 mfd? I used the clarion mfd cable that I bought from japan, which i connected to the australian model of a jvc dvd headunit. This model will convert pal to ntsc signal. It works quite well.

pics here : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showpost.php?p=455304&postcount=34

#9 ·
But no help on the original Q ?? other than the format ??

#10 ·
Steve said:
Guys (& girls of course)

Do any of you know anyone who can convert a Jap spec Sat Nav / TV to UK spec ? It can't be that difficult and I am sure that it is only a NTSC to PAL (or the other way round) converter that is required for the TV ? As for the Sat Nav I am not sure. HELP pls

Thanks
i doubt if the MFD can be modified to accept a pal signal as it need a complete re-build of the PCB. you are correct in that any pal signal just needs to be converted to NTSC to allow the MFD to display the image.

i looked on the net a while ago and found converter units which alter pal to NTSC. one of these could be placed between the player and MFD to convert the signal. they were not cheap though!

sat nav was an optional extra in japan. instead of going to all the hassle of finding a supplier for the japanese unit, learning to read japanese and then finding out it only covers roads in japan, why not go buy a tom tom in the uk. much cheaper option

#11 ·
Sean

Yeah, I know, but was hopeing not to have to rip everything out and start again Oh well, in for a Penny .................................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.