GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Jap Show is over and we had a great weekend. I ended up winning the second round of the Jap Drag Series Street Class and setting a personal best of 8.7 so I was extremely happy.

Please make your comments about the Show, hold your discussions and post all pictures videos etc in this section.

Please do not forget to come along and support the Club Team at Ten of the Best. We really do appreciate the support you give us. See the events section for details.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Video of the Jap Drag Series final. My 20 year old R33 GTR up against a 2014 GTR.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Congratulations Jeff, very, very well done :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Personal best result of 8.7 is brilliant! You've got to be on a cloud for a fortnight!
Well done Jeff, it was good to meet you briefly just before :bowdown1:

·
Registered
622 Posts
We had an excellent day Jeff, really enjoyed the racing. Big congrats for your performance.
Good atmosphere at the show & shit English weather decided to be kind for a change, couldn't have been better.
KM

·
Registered
79 Posts
Great win Jeff,the way you have moved the perfprmance of the car forward is great to see.The new graffics look really good too.
It was probably one of the best turnouts for Skylines for some years,good to see Matt's car and Bob's Skydat also.Cheers Eric.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Here's a few pics of a great day with congratulations to Jeff, Abbey and all his support team.

Jeff waiting to be victorious (note new tall helper):

Dave's 32 and we were gutted that the 34 had to retire:

The usual GTROC stand space seemingly less popular this year : :chuckle:

The optional stand space which gained popularity once the location was known :chuckle::chuckle::

·
Registered
178 Posts
was no signs at the usual spot next to the lancer boys so we ended up walking roung to find the other spot with the sign as no one could confirm that we could park in the usual spot???? :runaway:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
We were I understand, supposed to be in the usual spot where Jack parked initially.. so Jack was right,, But Santa Pod had decided to put the sign up somewhere else.. Jeff would have been busy getting ready for the first qualifier so wouldn't have known but must be really annoying for him having organised and confirmed our spot with Santa Pod over a year ago..

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was somewhat miffed over this but I have a feeling that someone overnight had been playing with signs etc especially as our spot was simply empty all day. I have asked for answers from Santa pod.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I was somewhat miffed over this but I have a feeling that someone overnight had been playing with signs etc especially as our spot was simply empty all day. I have asked for answers from Santa pod.

Was a great show, i also could not find the stand and ended up in the old spot.

·
Executive Club Member
99 Posts
Jap Show

Well the Jap Show is over and we had a great weekend. I ended up winning the second round of the Jap Drag Series Street Class and setting a personal best of 8.7 so I was extremely happy.

Please make your comments about the Show, hold your discussions and post all pictures videos etc in this section.

Please do not forget to come along and support the Club Team at Ten of the Best. We really do appreciate the support you give us. See the events section for details.

Jeff

Very well done Jeff.
Your car was impressive.
A sincere Thank You for all your effort to get the day organised.
Ray

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
I will post some pics once i processed them .

Even though i got to the show late because of the wife and kids and had to leave and come back again for the same reason i did miss alot but did get some ok pics and the stand situation was a bit frustrating as i didnt get to focus my picture taking on the club cars like i normally do .

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Fantastic result Jeff, well done to you and all your helpers including Abbey Motorsport.
Was the 35 GT-R that ran beside you a club member or was it on the way to the supermarket for the weekly shop!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
No cage in the 35, so it would have been scrutineered for 11.99 or slower.

Also it was a borrowed car as Andre's race car wasn't ready

Anyway Jeff had previously run an 8.7s personal best and ran an 8.9 in the final so it was never going to get a look in anyway. Andre would have backed off and just took the points for runner up through to the next round..

·
Registered
503 Posts
i had a great time despite a couple of mechanical issues....grenaded the back diff...1st run 1st day!! (and yes jeff.... it was the Nissan bit... not the OS bit you bugger!!) lol :chuckle:.... was very touched by the level of support and encouragement to fix it trackside.... not to mention the use of tools and a very special person bringing a spare diff out of their glovebox to help me... second day.. did miss daisey of the line did a 10.8... then snapped a front driveshaft... (Nissan again!) so it was game over for me... big thankyou to all those who helped and offered to help... (you know who you are!!) :bowdown1: well deserved win for mr ludgate... it would be hard to find a truer gentleman... gracious in victory or defeat....loved the show loved the cars... felt sorry for wayne and the MGT boys... a lot of bad luck spoilt their party...but a well turned out car... im sure we will see some big results soon...mr Blacket got a pic with a massive flame out of skydat sidepipe... ill post it when ive figured out how!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts