GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm an Aussie GTR owner and sometimes japan visitor. I've been a few times to Japan now, and attended TAS this year, and last year, been to a little bit of street drifting, workshop visits etc etc. I am going to head back in early november for a couple of weeks. I'm going to spend a week in Tokyo (visit some friends in tokyo, and some in Chiba) and then a week in undecided. I was thinking about heading down south to Kyushu (have a friend there) or maybe head to Osaka (never been there).

The point of this post is, I would really like to get to a nice big motorsport event whilst I'm there, as there is never anything on in my yearly January visit.

I have found that there is:

Super GT on 5th November at Fuji Speedway

D1 SL 12th November at Sekiya Hills

Nismo Festival - no idea on date, does any know when it is on? if it is on? I assume it will be at TI Aida again?

Is there anything else you japan guys would suggest. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys maybe one night for a few beeru and some yakitori maybe around Tokyo or Chiba somewhere.

Any help is much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Nismo Festival is usually held during the first w-e of Dec. No dates have been confirmed so far

As for Nov events...Super GT in Fuji on 4th-5th, D1-SL Final Sekia Hills 11th-12th. Other than that I don't know....but usually more events pop up

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dino,

Looks like I may miss the Nismo Festival then. I am thinking I will fly into Narita on 3rd. Get a bit settled and head out to see some friends in Chiba on 4th, then off to Super GT Fuji round on the 5th.

Any other advice on car related (or non car related) things worth doing would be great.

I am keen to meet up with any of you Gaijin whilst I'm in Tokyo. I have tried to meet up with Yukio once at Daikoku but I think that time we just missed each other.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds good. I would love to go to that. Last time I was at Daikoku I was lucky enough to stumble across a Z owners club meet. That was fantastic. A GTR one would be even better. :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
anyone going this month - er - I mean Sept 13th?
Not sure, as I am busy, but will make every effort
to attend. Last time was a nice turn out. We will
see though.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here's hoping there is a good turn out when I'm there.

I've nailed down my plans now. Arriving Tokyo on 3rd, staying 1 week, then heading to Osaka for another week. I've never been to Osaka before and there is a friend of mine there I want to catch up with. Can't wait. I miss Japan. It's only been 6 months since I was last there, but it's been calling me back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts