Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ZELE International, Yokohama

Stopped by Zele a few days ago and here is what was on display in the lobby

Yep, a 400R... a few other sides of this beauty

Other goodies included this R35

and some go-fast goodies for it

I was allowed a quick look-around of the shop (good ol' membership card, folks, remember to re-up your membership!), but no pics besides this one. They pulled the engine of the R34 but could not understand what they were doing (my horrible japanese!)

And finally, a view of the outside

Seems as if the upper floors are closed, but could not gather why. Maybe the worldwide recession is hitting here too? Not too sure, but still a fun outing for me on my first day back in Japan....

Plan on going to Daikoku tonight and again on Wednesday, and later in the week I am going to stop by NISMO Omori factory, so look for more pics coming your way...

·
Registered
571 Posts
That 400R looks the nuts, but have to say I prefer it in yellow all day long!

Never noticed the 400R badge at the front before, replacing the original GTR badge - nice little touch!

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to Daikoku Futo on Saturday, took a couple pics....

A shot of half of the parking area

the one R35 I saw there

the nightclub atmosphere was in full effect

and yes, the Japanese have a style all their own

and a pic of the fellas I met up with

All in all a great night... if I planned better, I most likely would have gotten pics of the drifting, but I had to catch a train back to my hotel. A big thanks to Neal for showing me around, introducing me to good people, and giving me a lift back to Yokohama station when I had no contingency plan! Thanks Neal...

more pics to come, i'm on my way to NISMO Omori right now...

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My last stop was NISMO Omori Factory

Inside was this wide-bodied R33 beauty

As always, body paneling is functional, so it's w-i-d-e for a reason

The obligatory rear-shot

While there I took some pics of the shop area, but from behind the glass for obvious reasons...

But something special was in the bays this day....

Yessir, a R34 GTR Z-Tune... beaut-i-ful!!

The sound emanating from this car when the tech was working on it was hypnotizing, my very own Siren song....

I really enjoyed my short time there, and a thank you to the techs that allowed me to walk around and take pics of the shop and rear areas.

If you haven't been on a GTROC trip to Japan, you should go. I am planning on attending the 2010 December trip and you should too!

·
Registered
344 Posts
wow ive always wanted to go , now thats made my mind up cheers for all the pics i know where im going in 2010!!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Really? It used to be a great place with lots to look at and some great photo opportunities. But now they've taken away the large showroom to make it a PR theatre and you're just left with a small shop. If you can get out the back (and they are very reluctant/unwilling then there are some cool cars to look at but it's not easy.

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really? It used to be a great place with lots to look at and some great photo opportunities. But now they've taken away the large showroom to make it a PR theatre and you're just left with a small shop. If you can get out the back (and they are very reluctant/unwilling then there are some cool cars to look at but it's not easy.
John,

You're exactly right, and i'm glad someone has spoken the truth. I was a bit disappointed, as the shop is very small and there is not much to look at. My pics show this. That said, I WAS allowed to go out back and see the techs working on the Z-tune and the other cars.

That said, still go and make your own opinion. I think that if my GTR were in Japan I would have a different opinion of Omori factory. But, as a pure visitor, it is a bit underwhelming.

Thanks for all the comments, I will always look to upload pics of my travels and experiences.

Alex

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
On previous GTROC trips it was always a place to go. When they changed it I was very disappointed and the reaction from everyone that went was that it was a waste of time. As a result it's no longer part of the itinerary on our trips

1 - 20 of 23 Posts