Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JAPANESE AUTO EXTRAVAGANZA
FRIDAY 05th - SUNDAY 07th SEPTEMBER

Wicksteed Park
Barton Road
Kettering
Northamptonshire
NN15 6NJ

Japanese Auto Extravaganza is the ultimate social weekend for Japanese car owners, Japanese car clubs, tuners and traders taking place every year in early September. The event attracts over 3000 Japanese cars to the show over a three day weekend which is a family affair encouraging car clubs to mix and compete in a range of events and competitions. For the casual visitor it is the largest gathering of purely Japanese cars in Europe and a chance to see some amazing cars and enjoy four days of fun at this ultimate social gathering. J.A.E is also the perfect place for like minded owners and traders to meet up and enjoy what is the popular Japanese car culture, it has been previously quoted as "the perfect way to do business". J.A.E began as a meeting of Datsun Z club members as far back as 1991 and with the growing interest in Japanese cars as both classics and modern super cars since that time, it has grown to the largest gathering of Japanese vehicles of all types in Europe and continues to grow steadily without forgetting its roots. With everything from 60***8242;s (and earlier) classic / retro machines to the latest electronically controlled supercars, the show WILL have for everyone throughout the weekend! J.A.E is held at Wicksteed Park in Northamptonshire covering some 50+ acres at the venue and makes full use of two fun-fairs, a huge boating lake and all the other camping and event facilities you need. If you've never been to JAE it's simple: Turn up, park, camp (or book a local hotel), light the barbecue, sit back and relax :D

So J.A.E 2014 is round the corner and thus begins my annual headache of all the logistics involved for the GTROC :D

This year sees the return of Team Sushi to our stand who have always shared our space since the first Wicksteed Park J.A.E. However this year we will also have the 350/370Z Owners Club joining us too, so this years stand is going to be packed and ideally with Skylines & GTRs !!!

The way we do tickets is also going to change this year, it makes things logistically easier for the club, but at the same time will also involve some strict enforcement.

Below on the infamous list we will need to know a fair amount of information which I will ask that you add to accurately and make sure that when adding your name you use the last most up to date list when QUOTING or CUTTING AND PASTING. We need to know :

* Your Forum Name
* Passengers
* Vehicle
* Are you camping on the GTROC stand?
* GTROC Ticket Paid?
* JAE Ticket Paid?

If your GTROC Ticket is not paid you will not be on the stand.

TICKET EXPLANATION :

* As mentioned we have a new system this year. In essence you will need to purchase two tickets - one from the GTROC ONLINE SHOP and the second direct from the J.A.E website.
* The GTROC TICKET covers your food, hot beverages, limited soft drinks, marquee, generator (yes you can charge your phones and iPads!), petrol, cooking equipment & sundries. Ticket price is per person and there is an adult as well as a childrens ticket. An adult is someone who is sixteen or above. When you compare prices on the trading public food stands over even a day you will see the bargain you are getting just for food and drink! No one ever goes hungry or thirsty on our stand!
* The actual J.A.E entry ticket for the weekend this year you will need to purchase direct from the J.A.E website. The link to purchasing these tickets is :

TO PURCHASE YOUR J.A.E TICKETS CLICK HERE

* To purchase your GTROC Stand Tickets from the GTROC Online Shop then click the links below :

J.A.E GTROC STAND ***8211; ADULT TICKET - £20.00 per person

J.A.E GTROC STAND ***8211; CHILD TICKET - £10.00 per person

CLUB STAND INFORMATION :

* BREAKFAST - 08:30ish - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
* LUNCH - Snacks will be available all day.
* DINNER - 07:00ish - Friday, Saturday, Sunday

* Gates at J.A.E last year closed at midnight sharp with no vehicle entry allowed there after - this wasnt advertised either! I am not having a row with another one braincell ex-squaddie knuckle dragger this year, so bear this in mind if your coming down one evening! We are not getting involved in gate politics if your late!

* Tea, coffee and hot chocolate will be provided on the stand all weekend. We will also have limited soft drinks available too but these are not to be used in conjunction with alcohol. As always you bring your own alcohol & any additional soft drinks you want.

* If anyone is a vegitarian PM me as soon as you can please!

* Lunchtime snacks are what we describe as the original JAPANESE POT NOODLE available in two flavours! Or basically what Pot Noodle designed themselves off from Japan ... seriously !!!

* The stand has its own camping area away from the cars - EVERYONE who is camping sets up there. There will be no tents on the main stand except the security tent.

* There is entry on a Thursday afternoon but this is setup time in essence, so if you arrive Thursday then you will be helping to setup the whole stand with the chosen few!

* We also appreciate those that do not just disappear after Sunday lunchtime and stick around to help pack things away :)

* For those that dont want to camp and be boring by staying in a local hotel missing the late night antics, there are plenty in and around Kettering :D

* Also as you need to buy your JAE tickets on their website, thanks to those really nice people at Dodo Juice and Banzai magazine they are giving away TWO FREE TICKETS to J.A.E as well as Dodo Juice and Banzai goodie bags. When you purchase your ticket through the J.A.E online shop they put your name in the hat for every ticket you buy! One winner will receive a Banzai goodie bag and cash to cover the cost of your ticket purchase. Another winner will receive a Dodo Juice goodie bag and cash to cover the cost of your ticket purchase.

* Useful link alert one - https://www.facebook.com/events/635286826563902/permalink/668014313291153/

* Useful link alert two - https://www.facebook.com/JapaneseAutoExtravaganza?fref=ts

* I WILL KEEP ADDING TO THIS POST AS I KEEP REMEMBERING THINGS SO KEEP CHECKING BACK !!! THERE IS SO MUCH INFORMATION FOR THIS EVENT YOUR EYES COULD BLEED :chuckle:

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

01. Speed Merchant - 2xPassengers - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (PAID) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
02. Ghost Wolf - No Passengers - R33 GTS-T - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass. - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
04. RSVFOUR - No Pass. - STAGEA - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN
05. Dave.W & Artherdaily - 1972 Skyline - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
06. KEMPY - 1xPass. - R33 GTR - CAMPING - 2xGTROC TICKET (#13088) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
173 Posts
01. Speed Merchant - 2xPassengers - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (PAID) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
02. Ghost Wolf - No Passengers - R33 GTS-T - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass. - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
04. RSVFOUR - No Pass. - STAGEA - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN
05. DaveW and Artherdaily - 1972 Skyline - camping - GTROC ticket (no) - JAE ticket (no) - fri, sat, sun

·
Registered
425 Posts
05. DaveW and Artherdaily - 1972 Skyline - camping - GTROC ticket (no) - JAE ticket (no) - fri, sat, sun
06, Kempy - 1xPassenger - R33 GTR - CAMPING - 2xGTROC TICKET (PAID #13088) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

02. Ghost Wolf - No Pass - R33 GTS-T - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
04. RSVFOUR - No Pass - STAGEA - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN?
05. Dave.W & Artherdaily - 1972 Skyline - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
06. Kempy - 1xPass - R33 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (x2 #13088) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
139 Posts

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

02. Ghost Wolf - No Pass - R33 GTS-T - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
04. RSVFOUR - No Pass - STAGEA - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN?
06. Kempy - 1xPass - R33 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (x2 #13088) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN
07. SuLtAn - 1x Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN

·
Registered
24 Posts

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
07. SuLtAn - 1x Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
08. Big Mac - No Passengers - Stagea - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For those coming to onto our stand this will be relevant when purchasing your actual J.A.E tickets ...

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - FRI/SAT/SUN
08. Big Mac - No Pass - Stagea - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN
09. BIPPU - 1 Pass - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tickets for the club stand and entry into JAE purchased geez £105!!!! better be decent coffee Speed Merchant!!!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tickets for the club stand and entry into JAE purchased geez £105!!!! better be decent coffee Speed Merchant!!!
Three words that will make it all worth it ...

"SPEEDIE BACON WRAPS"

Nuff said ... :)

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

02. Ghost Wolf - No Pass - R33 GTS-T - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (PAID) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (PAID) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - FRI/SAT/SUN
04. Kempy - 1xPass - R33 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (x2 #13088) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN
05. BIPPU - 1 Pass - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (x2 #13117) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN

06. RSVFOUR - No Pass - STAGEA - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN?
07. Dave.W & Artherdaily - 1972 Skyline - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
08. SuLtAn - 1x Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
09. Big Mac - No Pass - Stagea - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry Guy's,

But we're not going to be able to make this now, we have a family commitment on the Saturday in Cardiff and it just make the whole thing impractical to attend so we're gonna have to bow out this year... We're both gutted, but the GTR is getting some extra TLC over the next month or so and will be back better than ever for any other events we can make this year...

Rob & Tasha

GTROC J.A.E STAND 2014

02. Ghost Wolf - No Pass - R33 GTS-T - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (PAID) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - WHOLE EVENT
03. Dave Wilkins - No Pass - R32 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKER (PAID) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - FRI/SAT/SUN
04. Kempy - 1xPass - R33 GTR - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (x2 #13088) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN
05. BIPPU - 1 Pass - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (x2 #13117) - J.A.E TICKET (PAID) - SAT/SUN
06. RSVFOUR - No Pass - STAGEA - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN?
07. Dave.W & Artherdaily - 1972 Skyline - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - FRI/SAT/SUN
08. Big Mac - No Pass - Stagea - CAMPING - GTROC TICKET (NO) - J.A.E TICKET (NO) - SAT/SUN

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is, details are on the J.A.E website fella or send them a message :

Contact Us

I'm at work on the iPad and keep getting sent to a mobile version of the website that I hate!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Can you buy a ticket at the gate Saturday evening as I am driving back from Cornwall on Saturday and have no idea what time I will get there.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
We're at Maureen's niece's wedding in Scotland at JAE weekend.

We'll miss you all but that's the way it goes.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Can you buy a ticket at the gate Saturday evening as I am driving back from Cornwall on Saturday and have no idea what time I will get there.

You would need to buy a Saturday / Sunday ticket in advance as they only sell day tickets on the gate which don't include camping etc.

http://www.japcarclub.org/index.php/ticket

Also based on last year you need to be in before midnight but I'm sure you will be! I remember a time when they had no curfew ... :roll eyes:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I will try my up most to get to this but it will be late at best, as I know Oracle needs a descent drinking partner :chuckle:
BIPPU is finally going to show his face at a meeting this year, Its great to see the GTROC is not homophobic:D

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For those of you still yet to buy your actual J.A.E tickets - not the club stand tickets - this could be of interest :

Text Font Line Advertising Banner

·
Registered
75 Posts
I will try my up most to get to this but it will be late at best, as I know Oracle needs a descent drinking partner :chuckle:

BIPPU is finally going to show his face at a meeting this year, Its great to see the GTROC is not homophobic:D

I'll see you Sunday then, you drive like a poof so there's no chance you'll get there on Saturday. I'll save you a babysham though

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.