GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the date is getting near, (and I already been prompted), this IS the show to attend. It is usually scorching hot with every make and model of japanese car represented including some unusual ones.
Last year, we had a space on the outskirts making it easier to arrive and depart, but leaving us away from the centre where the action was.
If you want the full details use http://www.net-pro.net/jae/ (includes a link to the venue).
Summary is .....
You can camp on Shelduck meadow 2 from Friday morning 26th July.
The cost is approimately £5.00 PER CAR per day and £8.00 PER CAR per day (camping & entry)
Club display areas are free, although a donation towards a firework display on the Saturday evening would be appreciated.
Since I will be there from saturday morning to sunday afternoon, I will circulate a collection on saturday for anyone who is camping, towards the fireworks display.
I need to let Sam know approximate numbers by 30th June. Just add to the thread, which day(s) you are coming and in how many cars (for those with his and hers!).
I may do a poll at a later date to see if you want to have a centre stage plot or one like last year (although we may not have a choice).
Start posting!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Busy weekend then.....
Gardening and car polishing on Saturday
Billing on Sunday during the day (if I can)
Neil Diamond in London on Sunday night I think....(No mick taking please)
My birthday again on Monday....oh dear!
I will let you know when I can confirm

·
Registered
298 Posts
I should be there no problem.

1 nice Blue R34 and one passenger.

Nice one Ged. Saturday is the day for me (if the wife doesn't drop the baby late!).

See ya'll there.

Jim

·
Registered
298 Posts
Are you camping the nite then Dave? Might join u if thats the case. Thought it may be just for the day.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a place to moor canal boats:D
Also a lake for jetskis.
and a pub and funfair.
Jim, some of us are camping. bar-b-q, beer and firework display.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pegleg, I know you said no mickey taking, but NIEL DIAMOND?

I think its time you paid a visit to the local HMV store.

Have you got Black Beauty back yet? Wots the bonnet look like? Lets see a pic if you can.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Cant think y not at the mo..... But I will not be camping as I am a man that likes his luxuries, plus work at 4.30am on the sunday don't help much....... That Is if I can go, or is it GTR Only?

Cheers Dave

Si

PS Pegleg there is nothing wrong with neil diamond, just bought the essential album for missis, and I like it too:)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Draxx, the show is for all japanese cars, and we are going as the Skyline GTR register which means any member of the forum, no matter what car, so no, not only GTR's. Last year we had GTR, GTS, MR2 etc. At other meets we have 200sx, evo's, cossies, mondeos;) so no problems. Rules, there are no rules:D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
davewilkins said:
Draxx, the show is for all japanese cars, and we are going as the Skyline GTR register which means any member of the forum, no matter what car, so no, not only GTR's. Last year we had GTR, GTS, MR2 etc. At other meets we have 200sx, evo's, cossies, mondeos;) so no problems. Rules, there are no rules:D
Yey i can come... I can personally VET GTR32's 559Bhp R32...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Billing

Yes, what an excellent venue, always fantastic weather as well.

As for camping - oh yes, set up next to the car, throw away barbeq's, lots of cider , tell a few tales, talk a little bit of bollocks ( inevitable ) and have a generally good laugh roughing it all weekend in a tent. I am also a luxury man but roughing in a tent is excellent and I have never woken up in the morning with a headache when sleeping in a tent after a few beers.

Jetski's - now then, where did I put my speedo trunks?..........

All the evo, fto, 300zx, gto etc etc mobs are always there in force and we are represented like the poor cousins of the Jap world. If you have the time, everyone should take thier cars and go, lets have 50 skylines there. Come on people.

may even manage a midnight streak into the boating lake:D

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Billing

Dirk Diggler said:
we are represented like the poor cousins of the Jap world. If you have the time, everyone should take thier cars and go, lets have 50 skylines there. Come on people.
Well said that man. I hope that we show up in force this year and have given everyone plenty of notice (put the date up in december!)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Gonna NEED to come in the mondeo now... Gonna hand some flyers out for the Mag... And cause Jim has put a Sub in his boot the size of my house its down to me to cart them about...:D Don't really mind though... get to see all your lurrrrvely mota's....

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Poor Cousins

Don't know about that. Theirs more fto's,300's,scooby's,evo's etc., than Skylines in the country so its just realistic that their is more than us at any 'open event' :rolleyes: .

All said though last year was damn good and am looking forward to this one as I'm sure theirs going to be loads more of us going :D .

On their site they have us down as a club that is going. Anyone know if we have our own area this year or do we just take a patch :smokin: .

glen

·
Registered
389 Posts
count me in

I need to get out more often, all this searching for tuning parts is making me freeek.
Guess i'll have to dis-assemble the car another time now!!.

G.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Answer to Glen - was on first post

davewilkins said:
I need to let Sam know approximate numbers by 30th June. Just add to the thread, which day(s) you are coming and in how many cars (for those with his and hers!).
I may do a poll at a later date to see if you want to have a centre stage plot or one like last year (although we may not have a choice).
Start posting!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Gren San

Bit grouchy this morning sucker?:p

Well I suppose we need to decide whom is camping and the like as if we have a group meet in the centre of the field then its really tricky to get in and out and any tents will be across the way, so if a few are camping the we may as well have our cars at the side to make things easier for those coming up or down for the day. I reckon we should be on the opposite side to last year where the dirt track road is and where the stalls are as opposed to on the edge of it all under the trees, are you in contact with them Dave to know what we should arrange?, do you want to be the official arranger for this event?:)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts