GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Having just read this months Japanese Performance Magazine, having looked at all the Performance Adverts, It seems to me that It is getting increasingly difficult to know which is a good one, and which to steer clear of. They all say that they are the business, I have been quoted 4 different prices for the same parts(form the sublime to the ridiculous !!!). Is it me, or are there more and more companys starting up every month offering all sorts of mods. I realise for Legal reasons it's difficult to pass comments on dealers. But It might be worth some method of letting members know who and what to steer clear of, or who to recommend. I know there is a seperate Category for this, but its pretty vague. I know one or two members who have forked out several hundred pounds for work to be carried out and not done, or done poorly. I know this is a difficult subject to deal with, but I am sure that members will only pass structural comments on dealers without this getting into a slanging match.
I would appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Regards,

PaulP.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would go with and old name thats well est. and known. i vote for JUN AUTO and HKS. but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bits and Bobs

Hi Paul.

I think it is quite easy to get a contact in Japan for numerous parts and then set yourself up. Especially with the help of the net etc., Also I do worry about something being too cheap. I've always found in life that their is a catch, somewhere, with something too cheap.

I'm definetly not saying these sellers are not worth their salt but you have to worry about the backup you may receive. If you order some clear lenses etc., I don't see this as being a problem BUT anything Electrical or Internal I would worry about purchasing due to back-up if their is a fault etc.,

We have had this discussion sometime ago re the Japanese and UK pricing. I think we must stick to our chosen Tuner for parts that are deemed worthy of going wrong and with things like Gear Knobs, Lenses etc., then go for the best bloody deal as these items are generally OK.

As an example I am purchasing a bonnet at the mo. I can get it cheaper by using a UK sourcer (not an established Tuner) or someone like Takakira. I have chosen to use a reputable UK supplier who will be slightly dearer than a UK sourcer.

3 reasons. Firstly if it turns up damaged the problem lies not with me. Secondly I know what I will pay exactly and also know I will be getting exactly what I asked for and at an agreed time. Thirdly I am supporting people who have a passion for the Skyline and base their business around people like us.

Hope this helps.

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Geln...totally agree with you on this. People want peace of mind when they fork out lots of money...
Come on Glen....tell us what bonnet you went for:D Something like this maybe? :smokin:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Bonnet

Hi Dino.

The Nismo bonnet cost is far above me. Also, and I know I am going to get slated for this, I don't like it :eek: .

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

Glen....how can you say that to me :(

Not to worry....I'm sure you've chosen something adequate for t9kyo!

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Well we all have different tastes. Glen has a point though....its just way too expensive!!!! Probably go for the Top Secret or Electra one myself and save a few thousand....

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Ooh, NISMO bonnet is VERY nice indeed, but as you say, very expensive (anyone know exactly how much they are these days?)

Besides, ignore Glen's opinions on taste. I mean, who else would buy a R34 in crappy Bayside Blue!

Cem

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Japanese Performance Tuners/Dealers

Guys,
I have heard do many damming reports on various dealers/Tuners, that It would be good to get a list of certain ones to steer clear of and those to praise. After all how are they going to get better if we don't bring them to rights!!. If Dealers and Tuners don't give a good service, Then we should be able to vent our views, after all it is (I have been told!) a Democratic society.
I am sure we are all adult enough to not get into a slanging match with Dealers/Tuners that we are not satisfied with, There is as good done by praising as there should be by complaining. I hope I am not alone in this. After all I work in a Customer relations business, and if someone is not happy with our service we do our upmost to put it right, we are only judged by our results.

PaulP

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Thin Ice

Blinding idea Paul but worrying :eek: .

As you work in customer relations you appreciate that due to human error things go wrong and more often than not without intention. BUT if one silly incident leads to someone posting up here it could hurt the retailer/tuner no end when to be quite honest they may have just made a genuine mistake. We all make 'em after all.

Plus if you are looking to shout about a great service you have had this is being done already from time to time.

I don't think this idea will wash really but this is just my opinion.

glen

·
Registered
530 Posts
whose best

2 pence worth
I must say I'm with Glen on this one. Any kind of forum on this subject is bound to cause trouble.
Like with most things in life that revolve around opinion, if you asked 10 people the same question, you'd get 10 answers. Some more informed than others.
If you speak to lots of Skyline people, at meetings, on this forum and by PM, no matter what the subject, you're be able to form your own opinion and act acordingly.
Just by simply reading this forum you get to know who's who and what's what after a while.
So why not just encoourage positive postings. By implication the not-so-good-or-reputables won't feature.
We all feel the compulsion to make aware or warn others when things go wrong, that is only naturel and in most cases well meaning. But as Glen rightly points out that in print on this forum you can't possibly give the full story and may infact be wide of the mark.
Therefore what I'm implying is that corners can't be cut fairly. Anybody that has been on this forum from the start (which I have) will know that it takes time to build up your knowledge. Its difficult to keep up sometimes. You only have to go on holliday for a week, and you have about 4 hours of reading when you get back. So making this forum a positive place surely makes sense. It will take longer to "learn" about things, but at least we won't have to put up with the kind of B*****KS and slanging you see on some other sites
Wahhhhhhhh
Its OK, someone just kicked me soapbox away!!!!!!
wroestar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts