GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought this months Japanese Performance and the Dyno day we did at Tuning Japanese a few months back is in there :)

Cheesiest grin picture award has to go to Fuggles :D

Jez

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
All of the grins look a bit silly !!

my disk looks like it is glowing red in the big photo at the start of the article, that is a bit worrying as they don't use brakes on the dyno...

parhaps it is just a colour wash they print the mag with.

Ps Mine was the only red one there with STD brakes is how I have deduced it is my wheel !!:D

/Steve

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Yep

I am in there too which I pleased about seeing as my R33 blew up on the way there, so thats one thing I suppose!

Got a fantastic side view of my burns on the front feature page!

Well done to Gary - 714 bhp on that day, bettered still later on with over 750bhp! shame that figure missed the mag.

I got the mag yesterday and Johns pic stood out to me as well, scarey!!!!!!

Love you really Fuggs:D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Dyno Power

Dirk,

Yeah - nice to get another article.

Being slightly pedantic though, the figure of 750bhp never existed as it was an assumption. If we are going to keep the record straight with facts (not assumptions) the situation is as follows:

1. Gary holds the record at the Tuning-Japanese Dyno with 715bhp at engine.
2. Gary holds the record at G-Force with 547bhp at the wheels.

It is wrong to take the power at wheels figure from G-Force and try to either compare to the T-J reading, or guess an engine figure. Both G-Force and Gary have stated this previously.

If we use 2 different dynos, then we have to keep the figures in the correct contexts.

Guy

PS This is clearly not a criticism of anyone, I'm just trying to ensure we 'stick to the facts'.........

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
715bhp

Oh - and it was a real pleasure to be in the back of Gary's car when it did the 715bhp run, even if it was a squash with Henry and Mark!

We all eagerly await the next record.......?

Guy

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Okey Dokey

Stick with facts, OK. dont think Gary will be bothered either way, he still has the most powerful Skyline in the UK which ever figures you use:D

Well done Gary, doing it for the boys and the scene, whats next I wonder?..............Ive seen in his new garage these bits right....oh sorry, cant tell......... you'll have to wait and see!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Gary's Garage !

I spent about two hours in there on Saturday Andy looking at those bit's also (It was also an excuse to pick my car up at the same time !) ! I haven't a clue what some of them are, but they look damn impressive to me !!! ;) :D

Shaun. :smokin:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Gary's garage

Andy, was at the garage yesterday - didn't see the bits you were referring to but looked under the bonnet of your GTS-T - very nice.

Talat.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Its

a James Bond thing - FOR YOUR EYES ONLY ( mine in this instance! ).

Get out of my bonnet you cheeky git! You wait til I talk to him, I mean , its outragious!:D

You stick with your R32, keep your eyes off my babies:D :p :smokin:

Lovely bit of work that car init?! Touched by the hand of God as well, 'bout as good as it gets.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I would have had look at your R33 GT-R as well but it didn't look that special especially with it's 16" rims:D

Talat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts