GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a look at the promo movie for the 2002 season and boy am I jealous, the racing looks the nuts! They claim that Euro Sport will show some high lights, which is a first (I believe) although I think sadly it will only be shown in Europe and not on GB Eurosport.:mad:

Any information would be great as to how we can view it, also the fact that Sky his actually sponsoring it and not showing it amazes me, compared they play that bl88dy awful truck racing and Formula Ford stuff on their Monday evening Motor sport programme.

DCD where are you?

Anyway take a peak at the site check the movie out, Broad band worked best although I had no sound!

http://www.jgtc.net/index_en.htm

...Ian

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I got sound too !! :p

They really should cover that here, The grand tourismo generation would love it...
the Calsonic skyline looks the dogs.

/Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I am pretty sure that a team

is running some skylines in the GT world tour this year and there will be some rounds in the UK.
Obviously this is top news if correct and these skyline swill be running alongside the likes og the TVRs, the Marcos, the lister storms and so on.
I went to a few round slast year at brands and silverstone and these cars a re the nuts.
Lets just hope the calender and teams are approved and we can find out more.
Maybe a meet and a convoy to one of the evetns.
I would love to see a full race spec 34 gunning it around brands. That would be awesome!!

NLW.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
The JGTC and Super Taikyu series have to be some of the most exciting champioships around! The problem is that even here in Japan it gets very little tv coverage.

I saw a very interesting article today in an japanese auto-sport magazine(can't remember the title). It showed a picture of a red R34 GT500 car and another picture of a VQ35DE engine undergoing dyno testing at Nismo's Omori factory. Ver very interesting this...I just wish I could read japanese to understand what will be going on this year!! I'm not totally sure if the RB will be scrapped for the '02 season, but the VQ looked non-standard and the blurb said something like "very powerful"

Shin, do you happen to know more on this? Enlighten us please:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Channel4

I was under the impression that Channel 4 are showing that championship? Can't remember who told me but I've been looking forward to it for months. I'll do a bit of searching on the web.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts