GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girl(s), can someone tell me what this means: スカイライン. I can speak a minimal amount of japanese but cant read it yet!

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just making sure, because im gonna customise my "skyline" fitting betwwen the lights to say skyline in japanese, and shove some red LED's in it too!

·
6,821 Posts
An I thought every body would understand the point in my signature . . :shy:

スカイライン 万歳ーーーーーー!
一番​

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gonna have スカイライン sign come on with the LED afterburner ring lights, yay or nay for the afterburners?

·
Registered
365 Posts
right, squares dont mean a great deal to me so im off to download the jap language pack:popcorn:

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(O=O) スカイライン (O=O)

(OO\ スカイライン /OO)

Oo\ スカイライン /oO

I can picture it now in red, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Hi guys and girl(s), can someone tell me what this means: スカイライン. I can speak a minimal amount of japanese but cant read it yet!
What it 'means' is a skyline, or the name Skyline.

What it reads is roughly SU.KA.EE.RA.EE.NNN, which is about the closest you can get the Japanese syllabary to approximate the word Skyline. The letters used are from one of three alphabet sets available, and this set is used mainly for transcribing foreign words into Japanese, but forever leaving them labelled as such, ie 'foreign'.

During the war such 'Katakana' words as カメラ 'ka.me.ra' camera were all forbidden and people were ordered to use the older and more 'classical' Japanese/Chinese Kanji characters, such as 写真機 'sha.shin.ki' or photographic machine.

WLAL :blahblah: :chairshot

·
6,821 Posts
What it 'means' is a skyline, or the name Skyline.

What it reads is roughly SU.KA.EE.RA.EE.NNN, which is about the closest you can get the Japanese syllabary to approximate the word Skyline. The letters used are from one of three alphabet sets available, and this set is used mainly for transcribing foreign words into Japanese, but forever leaving them labelled as such, ie 'foreign'.

During the war such 'Katakana' words as カメラ 'ka.me.ra' camera were all forbidden and people were ordered to use the older and more 'classical' Japanese/Chinese Kanji characters, such as 写真機 'sha.shin.ki' or photographic machine.

WLAL :blahblah: :chairshot
Thanks Thrust for the writeup, didn't know about the forbidding of Katakanas in WWII:nervous: . . . . . I think that boyracers in japan have usually Katakana stickers, Drifters Hiragana-stickers and Yakuzas Kanji stickers with little 名字 in the middle:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
right, squares dont mean a great deal to me so im off to download the jap language pack:popcorn:
right i tried searching for one but the only one i can find is from windows, i downloaded it but it doesnt work properly, have you got a link please?

(O=O) スカイライン (O=O)

(OO\ スカイライン /OO)

Oo\ スカイライン /oO

I can picture it now in red, what do you guys think?
dont think that'll look nice at all.

and for the 'afterburner' llights, i think you mean the stock lights but with LED's in them? those rock....
either stock or LED, the rest WILL look shit:)

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oboviusly the "skylline" logo would be the proper size, as for the LED's i was thinking of copying the BNR34 Z-Tune!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts