GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who came. A small gathering as usual perched on the end of the MLR but a great position with some great motors.
Took a bit of time to get the layout right as we seemed to be in the way:mad:but got there in the end.
Right next to the bouncy castles which suited my kids fine.
Not too busy until Dave W offloaded his car:chuckle::smokin:
Hope the rest of you enjoyed the show.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey Dave. There but could not find you guys! Far to few GTR's with only the odd one randomly sprinkled among the masses!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
My thanks to Dave once more for running the stand in my absence at this years JF2. The man does a stirling job for the club and probably still hasnt recovered from the ASDA day last weekend! Dave, email me regarding your ... difficulties :(

Hope everyone had a great time and the weather was with you all, now cant wait to see some photos ... so come on :D

I am glad Mr Warrener finally made it onto the stand, thanks for bringing the car along :thumbsup:
I will see you both at J.A.E in a few weeks time.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I came looking for the stand many times as I wanted to show my wife around a gtr and maybe have a little sit in it with her. Bearing in mind I'm a massive MLR member and was on the power and style stand I never thought the few cars at the end of the MLR stand was actually the gtroc stand.

Was quite disappointed I never got the chance to show my wife round one.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
We had a great time preceded by Prestwold Sat morning, Donington Museum Sat afternoon, a storming curry with the lovely wraith 32s Sat night and a classic rock band in the Tudor later.

On Sunday, JapFest 2 was as good as ever and our smallish stand just needed a 34 to complete a full line up. Dave W's motor deservedly attracted a lot of attention.

Met loads of friends on other stands and it was a happy and friendly day.

Met rockabilly for the first time after watching his very smooth performance on track. One EVO was going like hell and I still think they are wonderful track cars.

Dave coordinated the stand to a standard in which he has becomed renowned and it was nice to meet his very well behaved kids.

Not downloaded our pics yet but will post some if any good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A good day...very disappointed not to be able to have the Autech there, but hey ho life goes on.
Many thanks again to Goghat Dave and Rockabilly Bernie for the parts...very very much appreciated.
I still can't believe we had issues filling 10 places for a stand for this, this one was the biggest and best JF2 so far, with some club stands on the infield and even two on the carpark??? :confused:
Excellent curry in the village on saturday night with Jack and Maureen :wavey: as well, looking forwards to next time..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know why you struggled to fill the gtroc stand, they were all on my stand :D

Well we had three gtrs and 2 gtsts but yeah slambox had a strong skyline participation, had an awesome day yesterday, hope you lot did too :D

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see a pulsar there but sadly did not make it as far as you Aaron as I had the kids to keep under control.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
A good day...very disappointed not to be able to have the Autech there, but hey ho life goes on.
Many thanks again to Goghat Dave and Rockabilly Bernie for the parts...very very much appreciated.
I still can't believe we had issues filling 10 places for a stand for this, this one was the biggest and best JF2 so far, with some club stands on the infield and even two on the carpark??? :confused:
Excellent curry in the village on saturday night with Jack and Maureen :wavey: as well, looking forwards to next time..
Huge apologies Gwyn - I should have said we were also missing a STAGEA from the line up.

Might get round to posting some pics tonight.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
One of Rockabilly driving by the pit lane

Some old school Datsuns

Something new

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My thanks to Dave once more for running the stand in my absence at this years JF2. The man does a stirling job for the club and probably still hasnt recovered from the ASDA day last weekend! Dave, email me regarding your ... difficulties :(

Hope everyone had a great time and the weather was with you all, now cant wait to see some photos ... so come on :D

I am glad Mr Warrener finally made it onto the stand, thanks for bringing the car along :thumbsup:
I will see you both at J.A.E in a few weeks time.
Credit where credits due and did hardly anything for this! Kriss sorted the tickets and I remembered to check the list of attendees when I got there! We had too much space which led to my moving cars around repeatedly and then I came up wit the idea of lining the cars up leaving a gap at the back for the MLR to escape.
Feel sorry for the MLR as despite Darin's involvement with this event a lot of their cars had been sent a P2 not P1 pass so went to the wrong area!
I did try and help some of their cars in for a while as I acknowledge they gave us a great little spot next to them:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
We had a great time preceded by Prestwold Sat morning, Donington Museum Sat afternoon, a storming curry with the lovely wraith 32s Sat night and a classic rock band in the Tudor later.

On Sunday, JapFest 2 was as good as ever and our smallish stand just needed a 34 to complete a full line up. Dave W's motor deservedly attracted a lot of attention.

Met loads of friends on other stands and it was a happy and friendly day.

Met rockabilly for the first time after watching his very smooth performance on track. One EVO was going like hell and I still think they are wonderful track cars.

Dave coordinated the stand to a standard in which he has becomed renowned and it was nice to meet his very well behaved kids.

Not downloaded our pics yet but will post some if any good.
Would have had one but no stand passes where available Monday for any one including Davew oh wait a minute is that his gtr makes you laugh I'm done with all your meets from now on

·
Registered
188 Posts
No need for that .....
DaveW was only on stand as I relinquished my stand pass late last week following the demise of my Autechs engine..he had my pass as he was the first reserve for a stand place
SO THERE WAS NO FIX OR FAVORITISM...at the end of the day the JF2 thread was open for ages so there was plenty of time for people to get on the stand list...:GrowUp:

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Some good pics have been put up already but visitors to the show with an eye for detail will have noticed goghat's 33 and Luke Chadney's 32.

Maureen couldn't get a full pic of the GTROC line up due to the many visitors to our stand. And she spent too much time watching the drifting.

So instead, just some pics of the weekend that did not come out blurred:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Glad to see the weather was awesome again for another year :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts