GTR Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
My car came to me fitted with the Blitz Nür Spec exhaust and Japspeed de-Cat but is still pretty dam loud. Its 106dB @ 4500rpm so way too loud for most UK Circuits!:(
I've done a bit of searching across a few forums and it seems a few of yer with the blitz nur spec have said it made almost no difference while the guys with silent power seemed to have reduced it a bit and got rid of some of the drone on mway runs. Interesting results..

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
An old thread but interesting. I’m going to fit one on mine. I had it noise tested and it was 113db. I’ve got a HKS silent on mine. It seems to have got louder. (Ok I’ve put a single on it now but even so!
I wonder if the baffles get sooted up and stop working as well? Anybody know what to do there?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts

An old thread but interesting. I’m going to fit one on mine. I had it noise tested and it was 113db. I’ve got a HKS silent on mine. It seems to have got louder. (Ok I’ve put a single on it now but even so!
I wonder if the baffles get sooted up and stop working as well? Anybody know what to do there?
From My experience, These De-Cat replacement type Silencers make little to no noise reduction on Our high rev-ving Nissan's. I even swapped out the Japspeed item for an expensive Röcket Dancer one (because Ya'know, JDM stuff is always 1000% better) and the Skyline had the same decibel reading as before meaning I was still way too loud to be used on UK Tracks.

A cost effective that does seem to work is OEM tailpipe bung that comes with Our aftermarket Exhaust systems but this also has a dramatic effect on the Cars performance due to its inability to breathe properly. So on the plus side You now barely comply with noise regulations of the Event day but the massive downside is the Vehicle isn't as much fun to Drive anymore.

I guess another thing We could do is what You see most TVR Owners doing :-

And that is to fit more exhaust Silencers onto the the rear of Your GT-R's existing exhaust system like this one pictured below....

Its not pretty, Not cheap and I've seen first hand at Castle Combe the damage these things can cause if they fall off and fly off into the wilderness destined hit all oncoming Track Cars as they follow various lines/apexes. But if We want to make Our Skyline's noise compliant, I guess We have no other choice than to "Frankenstein up some kind of massive freaky Meccano style Terminators Arm looking configuration of multiple Merlin Motorsport-esque Track Day friendly extra baffled mini exhaust silencers onto the rear of Our Cars and pray to God that these don't fall off whilst we are out on Track giving it the beans and having us some Fun" Eh Jimbostir?!:unsure:

Lastly, I guess You could go to someone like Joe Ellis at BTB Exhausts and get a Custom one off RB26 Exhaust System made which is both noise compliant and which doesn't restrict exhaust flow effecting its performance....

But these won't be cheap and You might be without the Car for a while as they ultimately figure out how to make such a product reality.

HTH!:)

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Same situation here. Have an HKS Race Ti 4” system with an extra Borla silencer in front of the diff. Still crazy loud. I use an Apexi ATS exhaust bung which works great for low boost but is a pain in the backside for swapping in and out. If you want to remove it at the roadside it’s too hot to handle for 10 minutes or so.

Thinking of adding another 4” Borla or an Apexi exhaust valve in the middle somewhere with a 1” bypass

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Hahahaha yeah, I tried getting my bung out a while ago. It took what felt like a millenium to cool down!...and yes it kills the power completely.
The TVR boys can just get away with that as they have twin exit exhausts. Mines a 4 inch tailpipe so will be far too heavy!
I think im going to buy a silenced decat to try it but failing that, may have to get an apexi flap to cheat the noise test.
I do like my exhaust sound. Its just that i cant use it on a trackday.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts