GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
800 at the fly and 700 at the wheels, that isn't 30% losses lol :)
American rolling roads... :rolleyes:

To be fair, Nissan themselves claimed 10%, but that's nonsense too.
On a UK Dyno Dynamics, there's about a 17% loss, but let's not reopen that can of worms...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
fantastic looking car

leno really was appalling he knew practically nothing about the gtr.. and all that shouting out the window over the exhaust note .. could have just used an in car camera

·
Registered
9,080 Posts

On a UK Dyno Dynamics, there's about a 17% loss, but let's not reopen that can of worms...
David,

I think the loss on dd rollers is calculated not measured. Ie. it's the same for all GTRs as the variables used to calculate it are the same. I don't believe they measure coastdown on the individual car.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
The SP guy looks very nervous, it was an opportunity for him to talk about everything GTR and everything they do in detail, but he hardly said anything.

very poor presentation, but

What a car !

Loving the exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David,

I think the loss on dd rollers is calculated not measured. Ie. it's the same for all GTRs as the variables used to calculate it are the same. I don't believe they measure coastdown on the individual car.
Correct. I was going by the fact that my car made 404hp at the wheels on a DD, and we now know that was pretty close to a genuine 485 at the flywheel (since seeing engine dyno printouts at the factory).

Using the standard DD calculation for a 4WD car, standard CBA GT-Rs tend to produce a claimed, calculated 506/510hp, but I now believe that to be erroneous (but irrelevant because you should only ever use a RR to show differences, not absolute power figures anyway).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That's one great sounding motor! Jay Leno is very wooden but I'm sure he doesn't give a monkey's with all the motors in his garage!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Leno needs a lesson on when to change gear, ie before the redline.

Anders

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
That's a beautiful looking GTR, so subtle but it makes a world of difference. I wonder what wheels they are, very simple design but looks so good.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts

Oh please god not that again. Will a Y Pipe invalidate my warranty.....?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts