GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JCR Carbon Fibre Shift Paddles are now available for pre-order with the first run ready to ship in 2 weeks time!!

Concept

From initial concept through to the first CAD drawing, this project has thrown up many unique challenges.

The goal was simple, to create a set of direct replacement Carbon Fibre Shift Paddles with the added benefit of not only beautifully hand crafted carbon fibre but also increased functionality through modified geometry and extended paddle lengths. Allowing the driving enthusiast to change gear while maintaining two hands on the steering wheel.

Production

We decided to go the extra mile and have Carbon Fibre moulds produced for the production paddles. This ensures absolute accuracy every time, and a beautiful surface finish.

We are using the highest quality mix of T800s and UD (unidirectional) pre-preg Carbon Fibre for the JCR Carbon Fibre Shift Paddles and have spent countless hours with composites engineer’s fine tuning the specific process of Time, Temperature and Pressure (TTP) to yield a superior product.

The final result is a beautifully hand crafted piece. Hand finished and polished to a light shine and then coated with the most advanced chemical sealant for UV protection.

Pricing

The JCR Carbon Fibre Shift Paddles will have a retail price of £700+vat (Including free UK delivery)

Based on the interest during the development phase JCR have pre allocated 20 sets of paddles exclusively for GTROC Forum members and will be offering a group buy opportunity for this first production run.

The offer is as follows:

10 sets - 5% discount £665+vat
20 sets - 15% discount £595+vat

Please feel free to contact us on [email protected] or PM and of course, If you have any questions just ask.

We really hope you like them

Cheers

Jonny

·
Registered
692 Posts
Jonny, just so I'm not making a mistake here, the weave on the left paddle looks all over the place and do the back of them look like that of the top picture or are they finished like the front on both sides? Not meaning to knock them, just how they look in the pictures...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonny, just so I'm not making a mistake here, the weave on the left paddle looks all over the place and do the back of them look like that of the top picture or are they finished like the front on both sides? Not meaning to knock them, just how they look in the pictures...
Will not a problem at all thanks for the question, it actually gives me an opportunity to explain this in a little more detail.

The uneven appearance of the weave in certain areas of the paddles is due to the way that the carbon is layed up in the mould to achieve the desired stiffness in the specific areas required. There are actually 3 different specifications of carbon in the paddles in different areas.

The third picture down is showing the reverse side of the paddles.

This is a functional product produced in the same way any high end Motorsport product would be. I'm keen to reflect the Motorsport background of myself and my partners in the whole JCR product line.

Hope that helps :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts