GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GTROC members,

Firstly I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Jonny Cocker, the owner and founder of JCR.

I started my Motor racing career in 2001 aged 14, progressing through the Sports car & GT racing classes, winning the British GT Championship aged 17 driving in the factory supported Porsche 996 GT3 RSR with GruppeM. Continuing successfully the year after taking the 2005 Asian Carrera Cup crown in the Porsche 996 GT3 Cup.

In 2007 signing to Drayson Racing, we missed out on the British GT Title by just one point in their Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3, progressing to the V8 Vantage GT2 the following year, taking on the American Le Mans and my first visit to the Le Mans 24.

In 2010 a move up to the top class of Sports Car racing with Lola in their beautiful Judd V10 powered LMP1 B09/60 returning to LM24 and again back to the American Le Mans Series finishing 3rd overall in the championship.

2012 saw a move to JMW Motorsport and their Dunlop factory supported Ferrari 458 GTE. Competing for my third time at Le Mans and winning the 2012 European Le Mans Series Championship.

Most recently I have been the responsible driver in developing the B12/69EV Electric racing car in conjunction with Drayson Racing, taking multiple electric Land Speed records and finishing 3rd at last years Goodwood FOS Hill Climb.

With my 2014 racing deal having just been signed, its set to be another successful and exciting year for both myself and JCR!

During my racing career I have been fortunate enough to work with some of the best engineers and Motorsport companies in the world, forging excellent relationships along the way. These same Motorsport professionals and companies I will continue to work with on the JCR project, bringing true Motorsport engineering, minds and quality to the GTR aftermarket.

Finally, after twelve months of JCR working behind the scenes planning and designing new and bespoke products for the R35 GTR, we feel it is finally time to introduce ourselves officially to the GTR community.

JCR will strictly sell parts designed, developed, tested and ultimately installed on the JCR Edition GTR. We simply do not believe there is any other way to guarantee seamless integration and operation of products unless they are designed and developed in conjunction with one another; after all, a great car is simply a sum of its individually engineered parts, working together in harmony, to create the overall winning package.

This thread will be the place to keep track on progress and development of the JCR product range and ultimately the JCR Edition GTR.

We hope you enjoy the journey!

Thanks

Jonny

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Nice race career...

I have a son who has raced kart's/msa from the age of 6...

Midland/welsh champion plus many more..

Now 14 starting out in the GT-R...

It's a hard road...your Dad must be a proud farther..!

Dan...

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Are you the guy from the tt forum who developed the turbo kit with arp for the TTRS that raced the stage 1 gtr and prompted another argument?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you the guy from the tt forum who developed the turbo kit with arp for the TTRS that raced the stage 1 gtr and prompted another argument?

Hi Adam,

That would be me yes, I worked with APR assisting in the development of their latest Stage 3 application for the TTRS with some fantastic results.

During a Bruntingthorpe testing / filming day, I took the opportunity to run my two cars against one another and shared the video which then found it's way on to here. I wouldn't say I was responsible for prompting that argument other than being guilty of having some fun with my cars ;)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Serious question, what's the appeal of a TTRS to someone who is clearly a proper driver?

It's an A3 chassis with a poor substitute for 4wd.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Serious question, what's the appeal of a TTRS to someone who is clearly a proper driver?

It's an A3 chassis with a poor substitute for 4wd.

That's the thing, it was actually a great little car, with massive potential.

I really enjoyed my time with the TTRS, but the GTR is a new challenge and I'm looking forward to the next 12 months!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
well done for getting involved on here Jonny i shall look forward to your GTR antics

should be good if your past achievements are anything to go by

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Hello & welcome.

Also looking forward to what is developed.

What are the plans/goals for the JCR GTR in terms of power etc?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick question Jonny? Are you the Stig?

Haha, nope. I have raced against a few though :)

Hello & welcome.

Also looking forward to what is developed.

What are the plans/goals for the JCR GTR in terms of power etc?

I'll be going into a lot more detail on all of this very soon, plans and spec list etc.. Safe to say though, this car will be fast on the road and track, not just the dyno sheet ;)

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Welcome....looking forward to the updates and seeing what you have got to offer. Whereabouts in Warwickshire are you based?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi Jonny

Well done fella :), I have left the Apr TTRS fold and met you down their office last year , I have also moved on to the GTR lol , good luck and welcome aboard

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome....looking forward to the updates and seeing what you have got to offer. Whereabouts in Warwickshire are you based?

Thanks Stevie, I'm looking forward to sharing the progress so far!

Leamington Spa, are you in the area?

Hi Jonny

Well done fella :), I have left the Apr TTRS fold and met you down their office last year , I have also moved on to the GTR lol , good luck and welcome aboard

Ah good choice, it's the next logical step up to be fair, but lots of room for improvement in some key areas (not just POWER) which is where JCR comes in with this particular project..

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Welcome Johnny. Very impressive race career you have there mate :bowdown1:

Really looking forward to see what your release for the GT-R. Now go enjoy your motors some more and make sure you post plenty of vid's and updates.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome Johnny. Very impressive race career you have there mate :bowdown1:

Really looking forward to see what your release for the GT-R. Now go enjoy your motors some more and make sure you post plenty of vid's and updates.

Thanks very much, and will do! Lots of cool updates / pics and videos to come!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This thread excites me to see some racing engineering going into
The R35 GTR is awesome really looking forward to seeing this :) all the best
From Australia mate!

1 - 20 of 233 Posts