GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTROC members,

Firstly I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Jonny Cocker, the owner and founder of JCR.

I started my Motor racing career in 2001 aged 14, progressing through the Sports car & GT racing classes, winning the British GT Championship aged 17 driving in the factory supported Porsche 996 GT3 RSR with GruppeM. Continuing successfully the year after taking the 2005 Asian Carrera Cup crown in the Porsche 996 GT3 Cup.

In 2007 signing to Drayson Racing, we missed out on the British GT Title by just one point in their Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3, progressing to the V8 Vantage GT2 the following year, taking on the American Le Mans and my first visit to the Le Mans 24.

In 2010 a move up to the top class of Sports Car racing with Lola in their beautiful Judd V10 powered LMP1 B09/60 returning to LM24 and again back to the American Le Mans Series finishing 3rd overall in the championship.

2012 saw a move to JMW Motorsport and their Dunlop factory supported Ferrari 458 GTE. Competing for my third time at Le Mans and winning the 2012 European Le Mans Series Championship.

Most recently I have been the responsible driver in developing the B12/69EV Electric racing car in conjunction with Drayson Racing, taking multiple electric Land Speed records and finishing 3rd at last years Goodwood FOS Hill Climb.

With my 2014 racing deal having just been signed, its set to be another successful and exciting year for both myself and JCR!

During my racing career I have been fortunate enough to work with some of the best engineers and Motorsport companies in the world, forging excellent relationships along the way. These same Motorsport professionals and companies I will continue to work with on the JCR project, bringing true Motorsport engineering, minds and quality to the GTR aftermarket.

Finally, after twelve months of JCR working behind the scenes planning and designing new and bespoke products for the R35 GTR, we feel it is finally time to introduce ourselves officially to the GTR community.

JCR will strictly sell parts designed, developed, tested and ultimately installed on the JCR Edition GTR. We simply do not believe there is any other way to guarantee seamless integration and operation of products unless they are designed and developed in conjunction with one another; after all, a great car is simply a sum of its individually engineered parts, working together in harmony, to create the overall winning package.

This thread will be the place to keep track on progress and development of the JCR product range and ultimately the JCR Edition GTR.

We hope you enjoy the journey!

Thanks

Jonny

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome to the GTROC forum and look forward to seeing the parts and progress...

Also what an incredible career you have had and long may it continue.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Welcome Jonny, it sounds like an interesting and refreshing approach to tuning you have there. Here's to your continued success.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We think so TAZZMAXX, the JCR GTR will be installed with only the best of the best.. And as a result, that's all that we will offer to market.. Thanks for the post

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Welcome aboard the GTR Register. We really hope that you actually join the GTROC (GT- R Owners Club) where you will really see the benefits of what the club offers, as a person with your experience in Motorsport would indeed be an asset to the club.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Welcome Johnny, I followed your racing careers for many years I was somewhat surprised to see you race from aged 14 when I read an article in Autosport. Anyway this would be a good benefit to have someone with race track and race development experience.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard the GTR Register. We really hope that you actually join the GTROC (GT- R Owners Club) where you will really see the benefits of what the club offers, as a person with your experience in Motorsport would indeed be an asset to the club.

I'll arrange that tomorrow, would be great to be part of the club. Thanks again

Welcome Johnny, I followed your racing careers for many years I was somewhat surprised to see you race from aged 14 when I read an article in Autosport. Anyway this would be a good benefit to have someone with race track and race development experience.

Thanks mate, and look forward to be part of the community.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a website URL? Where are you based?

Website will be live soon, and were based in the Midlands. JCR is an R&D facility, our engine and gearbox partners Race Developments are providing the fitting service and are based in Gloucester.

How long till you have a price list up?

Graham

Hi Graham,

The pricing for a number of parts will be released next week. Aero / paddles / Suspension etc etc

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts