GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been posted already but I couldn't see that it had.

Just got a call from Nissan asking me if I wanted to upgrade my 2007 GT-R with this new loyalty upgrade plan. Comes with a bunch of different options and seems pretty expensive. Looks like it upgrades the car to the 2010 model.

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/GT-R/R35/0710/index.html?page=w64

Details of some of it are:

Price to upgrade an 07 model with the following: Shock Absorbers, Springs, Transmission Mount, Anti roll bars, Engine Mounts = Yen532k. That's at a discounted price over Yen666k.

Maybe it gets rid of some of the wobbles etc but not sure it's worth it.

They're also offering:

New Brake Hoses: approx Yen9k
New Brake calipers: Yen560k
New pads to go with new calipers: approx Yen180k
spec v wheels, seats and exhaust: don't ask
new racing reservoir tank: approx Yen12k

So it looks like the 09 models had a lot of improvements over the 07 and 08 models. i think the very fastest ring laptime was done with the modifications whereas the first posted laptime was done with an 07 JDM model.

So all that would buy you 12 seconds on the ring. More importantly though I think it cures a lot of the twitching in the 07-08 models.

Tempting....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just had a look at the Japanese web-site you included. As you say, tempting...

Wonder if they'll eventually offer the same here in the UK to keep all our cars 'up to date' over time?

Makes sense if the car is likely to be incrementally updated by Nissan and would stop me getting green eyed envy over later modifications I didn't have.

My only worry is the 'official Nissan' cost of it all.

Do you have to take up the entire modification package offered in Japan or can you just select the bits you want?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the hands of a racing driver.... and assuming imroving Ring times is your goal!
My goal is to stop the twitching caused by the highways in japan. It's a big problem here with the JDM model.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I went in a JDM spec car on UK roads and it was a little skippy in places. I was led to believe most of the roads in Japan are really good condition?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went in a JDM spec car on UK roads and it was a little skippy in places. I was led to believe most of the roads in Japan are really good condition?
Yes, roads here are superb BUT because of the earthquakes they put these big joint sections in place which make the car unstable at high speeds.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
LOL at their spelling of "Loyalty"! :D
Would it be too much trouble for a company the size of Nissan to phone one of their English speaking colleagues and ask them how to spell?

Interesting about the different calipers, never heard about that before.
I must say the price for the shocks and springs seems very reasonable for a GT-R.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
transmisson mount might be interesting, is there a seperate price for this? the rest is better after market I think

R

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Whats the story on the new racing reservoir tank?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is it just me or do you all speak japanese? the page is all in japanese and i cant find an "english" button..
sorry, no english page but i have translated most of the stuff available above.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally decided to go for it and had the full kit fitted, including brake hoses, shocks, springs, mounts and bushes.

Night and day difference. You can really feel the car is more stable and much more compliant on bumpy surfaces. I don't get the "pivoting" feeling anymore of long sweeping bends that have bumps. Braking now is much better too because of the uprated hoses but also the suspension does a much better job of controlling the car.

I would say to anyone who's got the 07/08 JDM version, get this done.

The only issue is the cost. In Japan it cost me Yen700k. Now given the yen is so strong that equals roughly GBP5k but if you look at it locally, it's not too bad a price. Go back over a year and in pounds it's more like GBP3k.

Tony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts