GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chaps.
Can anyone tell me what are the down sides if any (other than satnav etc) to owning a JDM R35?
I've been offered an Dec 07 JDM in a deal and thinking about it. Also if anyone can advise rough value for this car, it is in good nick and 30,000km no faults and a bit of spec - Rays wheels, HKS Exhaust, intakes, etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Gearboxes in the very early cars are prone to failure, but can be strengthened.

You're probably not likely to get much history of the car's life in Japan either.

Insurance possibly higher also.

How much is it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gearboxes in the very early cars are prone to failure, but can be strengthened.

You're probably not likely to get much history of the car's life in Japan either.

Insurance possibly higher also.

How much is it?
Is it just circlips or more issues with early box?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Is this a new import? If so has a V5 been issued? If not you need to see evidence that import duty and VAT has been paid.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Mfd can't be concerned. You need a completely fresh wiring loom install with all complimentary. Dash cluster is also Japanese but that can be swapped.

It's easier if that bothers you to just spend the extra in the first place.

Ross W, I recognise that name. Do you have fame on other forums?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mfd can't be concerned. You need a completely fresh wiring loom install with all complimentary. Dash cluster is also Japanese but that can be swapped.

Fame I dont know! But yes Ross off MLR:thumbsup:
I remember you too from Evo days :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tbh for the small amount you save from buying an import your better off buying a uk supplied car. An 08 import is £2,300 for me to insure and a 2011 is £1350

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
tend to agree.

If it's gonna be stripped for a track car then maybe, but the creature comforts and history that appeal to the next potential owner mean it won't hold its value well, combined with things like insurance putting people off and costing you more in the interim. You'd need to save a huge amount to make it really worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Hello Chaps.
Can anyone tell me what are the down sides if any (other than satnav etc) to owning a JDM R35?
I've been offered an Dec 07 JDM in a deal and thinking about it. Also if anyone can advise rough value for this car, it is in good nick and 30,000km no faults and a bit of spec - Rays wheels, HKS Exhaust, intakes, etc.

Why don't you ask someone who’s got one like ME!!!

I probably had the first or second GTR in the UK in 2008, after seeing them released in Tokyo in 2007 !
Just for reference, all the car are made in the same place, all engines and gearboxes are hand built, forget all the hype and bollox about them being inferior in any way, the gearbox scare mongers are just that, my car has performed perfectly over the 5 years I have had it. Regular servicing and sensible modifications done, European tours, track days all taken in it’s stride + the MFD is better resolution than the UK models !!!

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts

Just buy a £100 Sat Nav all the rest of the funtions are in English !

1 - 20 of 37 Posts