GTR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Tbh for the small amount you save from buying an import your better off buying a uk supplied car. An 08 import is £2,300 for me to insure and a 2011 is £1350
Insurance cost is same as my CSL I recently sold ~£400
They said £15 admin cost with Pace Ward that's all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just buy a £100 Sat Nav all the rest of the funtions are in English !
It looks that way to me, I'm no expert on these but think the JDM seems to have an inferiority complex without being that inferior? The car I'm looking at is coming in a deal, ill run it for a while to experience it but sure it's will be no issue to sell. I've looked at a couple of UK models and they looked very tired compared to this one.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
It looks that way to me, I'm no expert on these but think the JDM seems to have an inferiority complex without being that inferior? The car I'm looking at is coming in a deal, ill run it for a while to experience it but sure it's will be no issue to sell. I've looked at a couple of UK models and they looked very tired compared to this one.
Don't ask me then :D

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Insurance cost is same as my CSL I recently sold ~£400
They said £15 admin cost with Pace Ward that's all.
you on the csl register? Get an 09+ with the satnav and better screen resolution. better for you down the road.

P.S. I run a JDM version in HK. No issues

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Mfd can't be concerned. You need a completely fresh wiring loom install with all complimentary. Dash cluster is also Japanese but that can be swapped.

It's easier if that bothers you to just spend the extra in the first place.

Ross W, I recognise that name. Do you have fame on other forums?
Best iPad post ever Adam - like those Nigerian emails I get ;-)!

·
Vendor
490 Posts
'Skulking' haha

As has been said, pain in the rear to convert to euro spec as the interior car looms are different. Apart from that...
Buttons/Dash/MFD in Japanese (gauges etc English but the settings menus are Japanese)
Slightly weaker gearbox (clutch seal material/shift fork construction/minor others) - But can be easily strengthened (you'd prob want to do that anyway)
Early bell housing were very prone to issues - Again, easily upgraded (you'll prob need to anyway)
Early JDM sus dampers were rather harsh compared to 09 onward euro ones
A multitude of slight Nissan upgrades from year to year as the car evolved
IMO resale would be a bit harder and will always be a few grand behind an equivalent euro model

Give me a shout if I can help at all Ross :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just thought Id give some feedback here. I bit the bullet and went with a nice JDM car.
Apart from the satnav being in Japaneese, (which I dont use anyway) the rest of the controls are in english and are dead easy to work out.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Just thought Id give some feedback here. I bit the bullet and went with a nice JDM car.
Apart from the satnav being in Japaneese, (which I dont use anyway) the rest of the controls are in english and are dead easy to work out.
That's What I told you !!!!! :flame:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I wonder how long it will be before Gary gets at it with a bit of a remap?
Its not priority at the moment, but sure Ill get it tweaked at some point.
The car is already running a bit of power with HKS600 kit, so its enough to keep me entertained with roads as they are now!
Unfortunatly the HKS kit came with EBC & AFK units so we need to remake the looms back to standard boost solonoid and knock sensor before I can do the Ecutec.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Good Man, going for an Ecutec !!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts