GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered one of these second hand, covered about 4k miles.
Does anyone have one of these and able to advise if worth purchasing. Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
WILL!!!!!! really, is it local to us?

They are possibly the loudest and most obnoxious exhaust known in the GT-R scene not everyones cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WILL!!!!!! really, is it local to us?

They are possibly the loudest and most obnoxious exhaust known in the GT-R scene not everyones cup of tea.
Not so sure I want the loudest Dean. I listened to one on YouTube and it didn't sound too bad.
I am hopefully going to Litchfields for some mods so may get it fitted then.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I'm sure a read somewhere the fitment of them wasn't great.

I was going to buy one in from the state new, but finding that out and the chance it may not be track legal out me off

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Not so sure I want the loudest Dean. I listened to one on YouTube and it didn't sound too bad.
I am hopefully going to Litchfields for some mods so may get it fitted then.
You might want to give it a miss, they are quite extreme. I'm getting a new exhaust hopefully when car goes for new service while up at Middlehurst. Searching for loudest brought back JDM Password everytime, tracks will hate you though. But I'm not sure I'm going to track mine, so JDM is part of my checklist at the moment, got a couple more to listen to in the flesh yet hopefully.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Op, not sure what they are worth second hand mate.

Dean, you need to listen to Buzby's mate. Sounds sweet!! Think he has the meister or however it is spelt lol. Very similar rear section design if I remember correctly. Fantastic build quality as well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The issue with the Password is that the fitment is such that it requires the carbon fibre undertray to be cut away, as the exhaust doesn't clear the undertray. If you like the Password sounds, bit want proper fitment, Meister R make an almost identical system that does fit. Either way, they are both VERY loud, and that's before going down pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
You might want to give it a miss, they are quite extreme. I'm getting a new exhaust hopefully when car goes for new service while up at Middlehurst. Searching for loudest brought back JDM Password everytime, tracks will hate you though. But I'm not sure I'm going to track mine, so JDM is part of my checklist at the moment, got a couple more to listen to in the flesh yet hopefully.
Dean, talk to Simon(extremelimo) he's got a awesome exhaust, he just took it off his car as he's gone titanium now so I guess he might sell his old one...

Dan...:clap: sounds menacing... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey mate, I had the same predicament of which exhaust to go for as I was after something with a fairly unique sound and was debating the password, meisterR and meistershaft!

After hearing the meisterR and password jdm in person they both sounded very similar but the build quality of the meisterR is second to none! I'm currently running stage 2 without downpipes and it sounds epic!

As stated previously the build quality of the password isn't great and the heat transmission shield needs to be trimmed I believe which I wasn't happy with plus the MeisterR is quite rare with only 10 ever made and 7 left I believe!

Also no DRONE!!

I'm happy to give you a demo but I'm based in London.......

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Will, did you decide to go for the JDM password exhaust, I'm after one, wondered if you didnt go for it would you mind hooking me up with whoever had it for sale? bit cheeky I know.

Cheers on advance

James

1 - 15 of 15 Posts