GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there something in the water on Saturday ? I was travelling back from picking my kids up and:

1) I came up behind a Porsche Carrera who upon seeing me, decided to under take through a bus lane to try and get a couple of cars ahead of me! Suffice to say, I left the idiot to it, even though I would love to have given his car a pasting!

2) I then followed a Rover ZT, who then insisted upon so mad overtaking manoveres in a 40 zone....

3) Afterwards seat Leon wanted to keep up and silly speeds....

Does anyone get this type of reaction - trying to "out crazy" you when you come up behind them??? Perhaps its just me..Don't get me wrong I do drive quickly, sometimes a tadge too fast but I have limits...

Having only had my car 4 weeks, this is the first time I've experienced this type of response, as most other responses to my car have been postiove ( occasions shouts of "nice car mate" and people wanting to take photos!!).

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Yep I seem to get that alot too....Mondeo's and Audi A3's mostly....as well as the Bodykitted, Floating on Neon'd, 6 Exhaust piped, 20" chrome rimmed, 1.0 Corsas & Saxos !

Just let em get on with it mate....I got nothing to prove ! On the motorway I usually just pull over and let em drive past, certainly dont want my mota pranged because of some muppet....I'll drive fast when I want not when they want.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I have a little motto I say to myself :-
I don't drive fast - I don't have to !!
(ie: if you know enough about cars to know what you're looking at, then I don't have to prove A THING !)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have to say it's usually the kiddies in there saxo's, corsa's and the occasional muppet on a 50cc scooter that seem to be effected by the drive like a moron syndrome whenever they see a skyline :chairshot

It's almost as if you'll think there cool and fast if they act like dicks in front of you?? :GrowUp:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yeah, when you can paste virtually anything on the road, it becomes a bit vapid to blow away everything on the road just to endlessly prove the point. But if it's for money or love....:p

·
6,821 Posts
I had that daily, but I allways stayed cool, . .what works on them is a 1m flame coming out from my exhaust. So I drove 50kph in 2nd until I went up to 6000rpms, then kick down until the rev limiter . . . worked for them, they kept a 500m distance to me after . . . .:flame:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like to have a little play when its safe, its just on that day it seemed to be nutters day out.....I would have loved to have spanked the Porsche though, that''s the one that really bugged me!

I have been really shocked at the reaction though, soooo many people look at my car when I drive past!! In general most people are very postive, even the Chav's....in a lot of instances, they just seem to want to see it go!

God, I love this car!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
yeah skylines have that effect on alot of ppl ...from mid aged couples looking at it with a puzzled expression as they pass in their family sized picasso to the chavs who cant take their eyes off it. 98% of the time its always positive but every now and again you get someone flying up behind you - just let em past and floor the car when its safe and quiet to do so :) glad your lovin th car tho ..I've kinda forgot I drive one now and it always amuses me when I pull up and I get a "bloody hell gorgeous car mate" as I get out from a passer by :)

my fave tho is the generation of biiiig 4x4 drivers who think they'll leave you behind esp. porsche cayenne turbo owners - dont get me wrong they're very fast but they're not a skyline - at higher speeds the aerodynamics simply dont hold up. they're also mostly driven by mid 30's power suited woman who thinks her life is so important she can cut you up, slam on in front of you and generally cause you to swear lots :(

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
The chavs do make me laugh....you get hear this 'Skyliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine' kind of grunt, followed by lots of finger pointing as you drive by !

I'm sure the majority of people on the road dont even know what it is though, get lots of funny looks off people coming the other way, you can almost hear their thoughtd saying 'WTF is that?!?'

Oi I'm a 4x4 driver during the week ;) hehehe...But I dont rag that about, it's a Funbus...it was built to chill you out and let you sample the road from the comfort of your electric adjustable, heated leather seat :) It weights 2+tons, handles like a plate of jelly and has the aerodynamics of my house, no point trying to give it large in it !

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The chavs do make me laugh....you get hear this 'Skyliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine' kind of grunt, followed by lots of finger pointing as you drive by !

I'm sure the majority of people on the road dont even know what it is though, get lots of funny looks off people coming the other way, you can almost hear their thoughtd saying 'WTF is that?!?'

Oi I'm a 4x4 driver during the week ;) hehehe...But I dont rag that about, it's a Funbus...it was built to chill you out and let you sample the road from the comfort of your electric adjustable, heated leather seat :) It weights 2+tons, handles like a plate of jelly and has the aerodynamics of my house, no point trying to give it large in it !
LOL :chuckle:

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
and would you belive it, I had an 'I've just crashed into halfords' Corsa trying to race me and sit about 1" off my rear bumper on the way home from work tonight ! Wasn't even in the Skyline, was in the Lexus.

Was amusing though, I tried the stamp on the brakes trick a few time....that didnt work....so pulled over.....he came past and flipped me off....so I pulled back out and sat on his rear bumper to see how he liked it....I think he was suprised a huge 4x4 could stick on his tail and eventually pulled over so I could go sailing past laughing :)

Childish I know...but he deserved it !

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I have had people do unbelievable things just to try and get away, They usually do this even when your not actually wanting to race but just out having a fun and spirited drive... After the last one, A focus STi or something started overtaking on blind bends and doing about 70 or 80 in a 40 going into a 30 zone just because I happened to catch him up, I decided not to bother again. needles to say I didnt bother that time either, I can only imagine how fast he must have gone through the 30 zone in holmewood.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Only had mine 2 weeks, but get the same kind of reaction as discussed here. Got nothing to prove - I can pootle along if I want to - or not :D :D

It is a problem though, if they start getting stupid. Just let em go, don't need my Skyline dented.

Graham

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes i can relate to this. i happen to live in ILFORD, the modded cars and chavs paradise!! i get these little codcakes trying it on me all the time, but im a cruiser not a racer. i know i have the power n i dont need to prove it to anyone!:flame:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
these 'chavs' are really getting out of hand with this 'boyracer' crap.
I was reading somewhere that the no.1 in a list of issues that make inurance companies quote rise is 'chavs' thats over the rising rate of crime.
So thanks you @~>@}}:>@:}?%^£"£*&(*&(&%"£!^&&*(*)

·
Registered
160 Posts
indeed, they drive thier cars like they are ferraris!!!!! at 75bhp....yeah rite

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Does anyone get this type of reaction - trying to "out crazy" you when you come up behind them??? Perhaps its just me..Don't get me wrong I do drive quickly, sometimes a tadge too fast but I have limits...

Having only had my car 4 weeks, this is the first time I've experienced this type of response, as most other responses to my car have been postiove ( occasions shouts of "nice car mate" and people wanting to take photos!!).

In a nutshell ...

YEP :chuckle:

·
Registered
142 Posts
the moment that made me want to get a skyline was when i was in my friends R33. we were at a set of traffic lights and a Picasso pulls up next to us in the 2nd lane. the dad driving, and mum in the passenger seat and the two kids in the back all looked at it and started pointing, then he let it go. love it :)

there are so many jerks near us, a lot, i have to say, do drive corsas.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts