GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also has anyone been to a JGTC event and seen the tricked out black carbon fiber lights the GTR R-34 use in the races well some guy was selling them for 188,635 japanese yen which is $1550 this was in June 8 and 9 in the Super Enduro 500 km at Twin Ring Motegi which was in the 2002 Super Taikyu N1 Enduro when i went to Japan if anyone was there and well the lights had hids and it was fully made out of carbon he also mentioned that the lights costed roughly about $4500 is this true just to know so well the truth is that i bought the headlights which i think was a big mistake since it has very high intensity discharge and it is illegal to use on the streets and when my skyline arrives i will use it as a daily driver and for strip and track also should i just equip the lights for track or do i change the beautiful expensive raybrig hid lights it has or what,the lights are extremely rare and i haven't even touched them what should i do should i change the lights or just use it for track if anyone has seen these carbon headilghts and has them please tell me how to configure the hid lights into regular intensity.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i bought a pair at this JGTC event, by the way have you seen them before i think they look radical and wicked when it goes along with a nice paint job and extra carbon fiber pieces the only problem is the hid kit , it put's out so much light it will basically blind you if you have gone to a event and have seen it for yourself. i know they are a needle in a haystack to find but it's way to bright and i want to be a daily driver. i will most likely sell it at ebay for $700 bucks or just keep it in a closet or something i will change them to regular lights when my skyline arrives also i will need to install the front bumper when the car arrives since it's front end is totaled so it won't go on the car for a long time.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i don't have a scanner but i might be able to get my friend's hp scanner.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look Jeff, he needs to be selling them lights to me - the sun ALWAYS shines in Cali and I live in England where it is dark for 6 months of the year.
And it rains 362 days of the year.

;) ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did manage to find a pic of the lights from a jgtc event

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Here is are a few examples. I dont think these lights have position lights(or high beam for that matter...so I doubt they are legal) Plus if you look closely you will see the front indicator in there too....which normal road GTRs have in the bumper

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
One more thing...if you look even more closely you will notice that the outside of the light cluster is actually just a sticker of the same color applied to the widened fender. So obviously this will not fit a road GTR.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually these lights are pretty different from road gtr's simply because i notice that they have enlarged beams but it's not just a sticker it's really made from carbon and it's mixed with epoxy from what friends say it's not a sticker like a fender you would now this if you have actually gone to a jgtc maybe you have gone but i have these lights and i'm pretty sure they're not legal that's why i plan to change the raybrig lights it has because it's too many watts for my road gtr and i can't handle it,too much discharge for me also i plan to install them and im sure they will fit you also said that they don't have high beams well it's true they don't simply because they have raybrig lights which isa equipped hid system for the gtr also just to say it loud and clear the jgtc front bumper for the gtr is the original front bumper from any stock gtr notice the grill do you see that it has those little bumps on the bottom yeah now you know! well i learned this when i was in japan some of you may now this already if you don't now you know well they actually do custom work on the front bumper and the rest of the body.:smokin:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
BadMuthaR34....have a look at this picture:

1. The GT500 cars do not have high-beam(must be present on a road car)

2. The GT500 cars do not have position lights(must be present on a road car)

3. The GT500 cars have the front indicator positioned inside the lights cluster, so you would end up with 2 front indicators if you attempted to fit them to a road GTR.

4. Look at the light cluster above. Do you see that line that splits the whole clusted in line with the fender? This does not happen in road GTRs as the whole light cluster is positioned differently. This is because GT500 cars are about 10cm wider on each side compared to a standard road car....so the light cluser has to be moved outwards as the gril is a good 10cm wider than standard. The actual side portion that is on the fender is not part of the cluster, its just a cosmetic application to create the illusion of R34 style headlights.

5. GT500 bumper may look similar to the R34 GTR road car one but it is not!! Its compleately different in both deisgn, material, and dimensions.

6. Please have the decency to use punctuation on posts, so people don't have to spend 10 minutes decifering what you are trying to say.

7. All of the pictures I have posted I have taken my self, so yes I have seen JGTC GT500 GT-Rs before.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino.........I am in shock..........:eek: ........don't know what to say without offending anyone..............so I just sent you a private email..........:eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
BadMutha,

It's difficult to comment about the lights you have as you haven't posted pictures of the actual lights, only JGTC pamphlets.

However, you should not play down DCDs attempt to help you as he is spot on in this case. I personally live 5 mins drive from the Nismo factory where they prep the JGTC cars and have just been for a look. DCD is right !
I also don't understand how you can say the JGTC bumber is the same as an original GTR as anyone can see that it's completely different.
Are you sure that you are not talking about the Super Taikyu series as these cars are much more similar to the 'standard' GT-R

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bean

You live 5 Minutes from the Nismo factory :eek:

Nice one, did you move there deliberatly so you could spend every spare minute drooling over owesome cars?
I'm green with envy :smokin:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well cosmetic surgery would most likely be used but wouldn't you think molding the headlight's to the road gtr possible or maybe i should just save some time in getting carbon fiber tape and pasting it on the gtr's oem headlights on the car is that a better idea or what oh the bumper has to be a mold from the n1 gtr that would be the most likely reason i mean you do see them bumps on the grill which come up in a road gtr as for material it's made out of fiberglass why i dunno why not choose carbon fiber i dunno either as to the design it's most likely a mold and they do custom work to get the front diffuser look and the widened fenders and grill on the gt cars and as for the pics who now's were you could have got them right now i'm confident on your word that it's true and i went to the website before and i have seen the pics before at this website correct. http://homepage.mac.com/kinetiko2/.Pictures/VariousGTR stuff2/2.jpgy :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also i don't have a scanner that's why i haven't been able to upload pics so i provided you with pic's from jgtc and you get hasty cause i don't want to go out and waste $100 bucks on a scanner just so i can upload pic's of my headlight's for what to entertain you or something. :confused:

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
Headlights.

I think the headlights look really great but think that you might struggle to fit them into the standard front bumper or other bumper is it N1 you say well that would look really good too you don't have to spend $100 on a scanner though surely you could just go to your local Max Speilman etc and have them take a digital photo for you and then have them put it onto a disk for you to then take home and upload to your PC and then post it here for all to see personally I would be very interested in seeing the headlights as I am toying with the idea of having my mate at Aerospace make some templates up for me and then having the units made out of carbon firbre also!

Inhale!
Matt.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow you say like it's nothing really first go here then there then here then there then here i'm not even going to bother also you plan on taking my idea away ill have your neck for this also appreciate that you at least tell me that you're going to do the mod to your headlight's , believe it or not i have had this on my head for about 4 months or 5 i think. it's a great idea anyway's i ordered a stock front bumper since my soon to be r34 is a NUR V-spec also on my wishlist are evil jgtc equipment i'll tell no soul about my plan's it's strictly for me unless you beg me which is highly unlikely from fellow gtr owner's such as myself oh what the heck ask me and i'll tell you deal. :D

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.