GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been curious , as title say's anyone know which is the fastest series difficult because as far as i know they never run on the same tracks?????:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
DTM is a weird call, but their cars are what they say they are. Sometimes they make less power, but focus more on balance

·
Registered
568 Posts
The latest DTM cars are basically F1 monocoque type cars with a bodyshell and a less powerful engine, they are pure race cars from the ground up, and no longer race cars built from road cars.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Pavlo, so not really a fair comparison, i assumed that they were still road car based(however loosely) like the JGTC. Would be good to know how lap times differ however:)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Dtm is so much focused on aerodynamics and high cornering speeds, and it has nothing to do with the street cars anymore. Although the Super gt cars don´t look much like the street cars too.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Super GT is also very aero-focused. Trust me. When I cover the races and see them chuck those cars into corners at full chat it just looks wrong! A car shouldn't travel that fast around a corner LOL

Super GT regulations allow for front and rear subframes to be designed at will, center chassis should be the same as the production car. Front & rear suspension layouts are also free (most use pushrod layouts) as is the placement of the gearbox (most use a transaxle type). However to keep costs down no carbon chassis are allowed as well as carbon brakes.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't realise the name had been changed, What is it that give's the DTM cars the edge in your opinion DCD?:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts