GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys [and Gals - are there any in here?].

The JGTCC 4th round came to Sepang F1 track in Malaysia last week end. It was a great race especially in the GT Five hundred where the Mobil 1 NSX won ahead of 2 Supras (one of which was driven by Wayne Gardner]. The Xanavi GTR finishes 4th while the Calsonic and Castrol GTRs retired after a blown engine and an accident respectively. Great race, great cars, great race queens!:D

Attachments

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
R33,
Any idea on the engines in the Skyline?
Were they RB26's or these new protoype V6 engine for the R35?

It would be interesting if it was the old trusty RB, or a bad sign for the R35.

P.S. Why is the piccy of the girls so small????:( ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Gals

Yep, there are Gals here!

Didn't even know Wayne Gardner was driving cars now! Saw him race bikes at Donny years back!!

Would it also cause a stir here if I said I agree Matt;) ;)

Why is the race coverage for the JGTCC only on the Motors channel? It is really terrible coverage - heavily chopped and cut about - you can't follow the race at all.

Does my head in that the Schumacher show gets huge coverage and everything else gets a 2 second slot on a crappy fuzzy backwater channel!:mad:

There you go - on me soap box again:rolleyes:

Caroline:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
euro sport did a very small half hour show of a race
very chopped and fuzzy,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooops, there is a gal in here:) . Hi Elvira...and everyone.
I managed to get a Team Staff pass for the race this year and my team was the GTR Calsonic Impul team...but sadly the car had a misfortune...the engine blew up towards the end of the race. Actually, the GTRs were doing quite well hogging the 4th, fifth and sixth place respectively untill the Calsonic retired and the Castrol GTR was whupped from behind by a Supra!:(
The Mobil NSX took the pole position and led from start to finish and it was really fast...I timed it's lap time for a couple of lap and it was doing 12 secs faster than the second place Supra and 2O secs faster than the 4th placed GTR! Wonder how it could be so fast!
Managed to sneek at the engine of the GTRs and yes, it was a RB. And yes, Wayne Gardner is now driving the Supra and he did well!
I have lotsa pics but unfortunately I could only post small ones on this board as the usual size exceeds the permissible bytes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts