GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1438 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my engine failure March 10 2010 - its took me a lot of research and time to decide the way forward with my R35 GTR.

May 8th 2010 - I decided to go with this spec.

FOR MY CAR

ENGINE -

JUN 4.0 STROKER KIT (still unsure on the heads as of now).

Reasons behind decision -

JUN a cult name in big power japanese cars.

Got a great deal of Junichi Nakata (JUN main man)

Stroker designs lowers compression = improves the cooling of these engines.

A little info on the 4.0 Jun Stroker

TURBO KIT -

Greddy TD06-20G

reasons behind me choosing this kit.

i still believe the stock turbos and manifolds will create too much heat in the VR38 Engine.

this comes with maifolds, wastegates and other nice bits for a few K more than having my turbos re worked..

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Nice choice of parts. Certainly will be interesting to see the power curve on this build. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I like you style Jurgen :bowdown1: i have those turbos on my rb27,crikey they should be immense on a 4.0.
Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Way to go Jurgen - can't fault you mate :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

RH9 here we come :eek:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
youre making me dribble, amazing post, amazing looking photos of your car, amazing project :thumbsup: OMG I just love it :runaway: sorry lost my cool there for a second :cool: this is the cutting edge, the forefront, the beeze knees the dogs danglys the absolute shizzle of blowing a load of dosh on your motor, RESPECT! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Top dollar Jurgen, glad you finaly settled on a direction. Should be a monster when it's all done. Looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck!:bowdown1:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Excellent, will be very interesting to see the results.

Out of interest, not judging, but why not newer technology turbos? the 20g's are relatively old now.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone else in the world done that combo?

How will tuning the map work?
nope - but spe world of the 2 fastest R35 are doing it next..

basically then engine will work the same as a stock vr38 but because it will be strokered it will spool up faster and have more torque than a non 4.0 stroker..and also a good point it will improve the cooling of engine.

thistle and GTC will be doing the map

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are not sure I like the TD06 20G turbo. If you've ever taken the turbine wheel out this is a BIG / HEAVY turbine wheel. Looks like a boat anchor next to the Garrett GT30R turbine wheel. I'm sure this affects spool / response... Any one have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are not sure I like the TD06 20G turbo. If you've ever taken the turbine wheel out this is a BIG / HEAVY turbine wheel. Looks like a boat anchor next to the Garrett GT30R turbine wheel. I'm sure this affects spool / response... Any one have thoughts on this?
ur from america am surprised you not heard much about it

YouTube - Greddy TD06SH 20G R35 Twin Turbo Kit

looks pretty damn good and combined with a stroker kit it will improve torque and response

·
Registered
61 Posts
ur from america am surprised you not heard much about it

YouTube - Greddy TD06SH 20G R35 Twin Turbo Kit

looks pretty damn good and combined with a stroker kit it will improve torque and response
Hmmm, looks good, but I am not sure if I want this or a Garrett based system. I've had better results with my Garret based turbos on all my previous cars...

Thanks for the video, I'll ask Alex at SPE what he thinks :)

1 - 20 of 1438 Posts