GTR Forum banner

JM-Imports JUN R1 1293@hubs 4.0 JUN Stroked + ETS Turbos

781K views 1K replies 204 participants last post by  Jm-Imports 
#1 ·
Well after my engine failure March 10 2010 - its took me a lot of research and time to decide the way forward with my R35 GTR.

May 8th 2010 - I decided to go with this spec.

FOR MY CAR

ENGINE -

JUN 4.0 STROKER KIT (still unsure on the heads as of now).

Reasons behind decision -

JUN a cult name in big power japanese cars.

Got a great deal of Junichi Nakata (JUN main man)

Stroker designs lowers compression = improves the cooling of these engines.

A little info on the 4.0 Jun Stroker

TURBO KIT -

Greddy TD06-20G

reasons behind me choosing this kit.

i still believe the stock turbos and manifolds will create too much heat in the VR38 Engine.

this comes with maifolds, wastegates and other nice bits for a few K more than having my turbos re worked..

See less See more
#9 ·
youre making me dribble, amazing post, amazing looking photos of your car, amazing project :thumbsup: OMG I just love it :runaway: sorry lost my cool there for a second :cool: this is the cutting edge, the forefront, the beeze knees the dogs danglys the absolute shizzle of blowing a load of dosh on your motor, RESPECT! :bowdown1:

#16 ·
nope - but spe world of the 2 fastest R35 are doing it next..

basically then engine will work the same as a stock vr38 but because it will be strokered it will spool up faster and have more torque than a non 4.0 stroker..and also a good point it will improve the cooling of engine.

thistle and GTC will be doing the map

#18 ·
Are not sure I like the TD06 20G turbo. If you've ever taken the turbine wheel out this is a BIG / HEAVY turbine wheel. Looks like a boat anchor next to the Garrett GT30R turbine wheel. I'm sure this affects spool / response... Any one have thoughts on this?

#22 ·
Na, c'mon go for the 7's (Nitros on an R35 !!) you did say you were pioneering LOL

#35 ·
Mr Junichi JUN owner is currently building the new engine (pics will come soon).

i have also decided to get MYcylinder heads done on the car..

this is the work they are doing to it..

jun camshaft IN 64
jun camshaft EX 64
jun valve spring set
jun titanium retainer set type 2
Ported intake exhasut
Modification of fire combstion rooms by CNC machine
Finishing process of fire combstion rooms
Cutting, Grinding valve seats same stem length measurement
Rapping valve seats and washing

i will also get a small ID on engine JUN UK 001

sadly by the time its all realistaclly completed and fitted, it will be winter (so i will run it in and next year we can test it)

#38 ·
Jurgen

I bet you just can't wait, forget all the sunshine, get that bl**dy car sorted, can't wait to see it go up the Pod !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.