GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When flicking through the old Sky channels last night I came across a terminally sad program on Men and Motors, The Reverand Bob Torque Show, witty title.... erm no. Anyway what caught my eye was their BHP competition. They had a Supra on the rolling road that was producing a "FANTASTIC" (with lots of shouting) 324bhp. Reverand Bob Pillock was wondering whether anyone could beat such huge figure.

I know a few that could, how about an 800Bhp Skyline mate :smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I've caught that prog a couple of times now. Wish they'd presented it in a different way.

Anyway, i reckon one of the big power cars would scare the hell out of em !

On one previous show, they showed the infamous Yellow Skyline in action at crail.........

Daz

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
800 bhp

I think Gary at GT-aRt was touching 800bhp at the last dyno day.

Check out www.gtart.co.uk when it is back up again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
800 BHP

well i was told that to get any power over 650 bhp on uk pump fuel is near impossible.

to run the big power you need to run pump fuel with a additive that will help a bit but not that much the only thing to do is go and buy the ELF race fuel £20 plus a gallon.
then you can run with loads of advance.to give you big power.

there have been certain cars at dyno days that were putting out big big flames
i just wonder if they were running on funny fuel because uk pump
fuel gives you a flame but nothing like that

this is one for you mycroft

KEV

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
The ELF racing fuel is basically not petrol at all, it is a cocktail with very little petroleum spirit in it!

For the past week I have been runnng with some SUL from the Elf garage near Reading and supplimenting this with Xylene at just over 9% conc. with a splash of redex.

This works very nicely.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Gary always insists that he runs on pump fuel with octane booster. I don't doubt him. He has managed 750 bhp but if he was to opt to not run a 'road' car he would be off towards 1000bhp but is there any point? It is hard to beat HKS for a drag car but is easier to try and get the most powerful 'road' car imo.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Stop it!

SkylineKev, I really think you should stop being so negative about people's cars and claims.

Most people have spent ridiculous amounts of money on their cars and even more getting them to the current state of tune, and all I seem to see is you slating them. Have you been in Gary's car? or in fact in any tuned Skyline? I think before you start putting down their power claims that you maybe ought to.

You must remember, there are some very knowledgable people on this board, some that may even know more than you:eek: , and they can see through your bullshit disguised as facts.

You seem to avoid answering when asked by someone before, but what car do you drive?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Kev,

So basically you're coming on here to insult the achievements of Gary, Henry and Guy by implying that they run dodgy fuel just so that they can get big power figures on their dyno runs.

Are you gtr32 in disguise ?

Talat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fuel!

Mycroft,

Now i am interested in your xylene comments as the chemists at my work have guided me more towards Benzene??
I regularly meet them at the pub to talk chemistry and fuels etc but i am afraid after 3 sips of my lager, and 5 mins chit chat, the info goes WELL over my head!!:confused: :confused:
I thought the most common concensus was to add Toly and if xylene is working better then i will be on the phone on Monday with a purchase order..;)

Cheers

Stu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts