GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of not bothering I have deceided to join the club with a full membership (should of done it years ago)

However I see you can not do it online and it requires you to print out a form.

Guess whos printer is buggered!!

Is there another way of doing it.

Cheers

Alex

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Is it possible to do it online or another way then ?

I've been meaning to join for months but my cheque book ran out so I phoned my bank to ask for a new one which they said they'd get send striaght out....done that about 3 times now....still no cheque book !

LLoyds TSb...the bank that likes to saaaaaaay, NO....they're useless !!!

·
6,821 Posts
Will join in January and pay for a banner too later . . . if it's only for the big size avatar in the forum . .:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yeah i too would join, still waiting to see if it's gonna be done online and with rolling membership as the only option atm seems to be print out a form and send a cheque with membership running from Jan to Dec.
Gotta be putting more than just me off? This is NOT a complaint, just my thoughts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I spoke to Scott before (met him at a friends BBQ), I didnt mention my cheque book problem.

Scott - you have PM dude.

He did say about the membership changing so it's not just Jan-Dec anymore, dont know that's kicking in yet.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Why do you feel that it puts you off?
Its only another 6 or 7 weeks for us (members) to renew our membership, and you can join at the same time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reckon an online membership system would be great.

I am sure loads more people would join that way!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
this is just my thoughts WHATS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT WRITING A CHEQUE OUT AND STICKING IT IN THE POST.if people want to join that bad thay will make the effort:wavey: NISMOMAN

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
That has been asked many times before.
GTROC will soon have its own site and apparently this will be available.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Pobably because i'm unbelievable lazy and its a digital age where everything is done at the click of a button, and yes its only another 6-7 weeks and if nothing changes then i will join then, the putting off bit was refering to the Jan to Dec membership which will put people off if its not close to Jan or Feb cuz people would be paying a years membership for 8,9 or 10 months
Again just my thoughts as no one else has mentioned that

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
and yes its only another 6-7 weeks and if nothing changes then i will join then, the putting off bit was refering to the Jan to Dec membership which will put people off if its not close to Jan or Feb cuz people would be paying a years membership for 8,9 or 10 months
Again just my thoughts as no one else has mentioned that
Fair enough comment mate. I suppose it was done that way as the club is still relatively young. I never joined in the first year as i could not find any info on what the club offered, i finally got enough info and decided to join.
Been here ever since:)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
this is just my thoughts WHATS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT WRITING A CHEQUE OUT AND STICKING IT IN THE POST.if people want to join that bad thay will make the effort:wavey: NISMOMAN

Because half of them are full of SHIT mate.

Pay and be in or don't simple as that

thats my rant for tonight over anyway.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My thoughts exactly.

We are in a digital age and who uses cheques nowadays?

I bet when the online system is running memberships will double.

Anyone care to bet?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts