GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And thinking of getting another GTR :)

Hello all ... After selling my R34 last year, I've moved to Moscow and I'm sure that the ideal car here is a tuned R34 :)

I was watching the Mine's BNR34 'ultimate' video the other day .. and I 'need it' :)

What is the spec of that thing? i guess GT25 30 turbo, carbon prop, light flywheel ... and loads of other fun things ... where would I get something similar?

Has anyone seen my old car?

Cheers

- Joss

·
Registered
656 Posts
Why have you moved to Moscow? I'm guessing your job, right?

My wife explained to me last night about passing her driving test in Ukraine, and if I were you I wouldn't even cross the road out there!

The driving test consisted on driving 100m and then back again, and I am not joking! Woman were exempted from reversing!! I kid you not. :chuckle:

Think twice before you import a GTR, as I don't fancy your chances against the masses of Ladas, Volgas and Zils. :squintdan

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol it's way way way worse

I've seen them overtake on the pavement! ... often!

I watched an M3 being chased by the police, he did a wonderful powerslide round the corner and parked sharpish ... police sailed by ... you have to respect that :)

yes the job took me here, and already found the 'midnight club' of Moscow :)

Snow might be a problem later... eek

As I do all the website stuff for auto-journals, I will be doing an entry (once I actually have a car :)

tata ... and waves to Dave

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Welcome back Joss.

Have a search about mate. I think there is at least one other Russian user on here.

What Phil said about the diffs too. Maybe even shorter, 4.3 perhaps....I think that I have read that on here.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Hello Joss,
Good to hear you are well. Wondered how long it would take before the bug bit again.
Last time i saw you and the car was in the layby where we all met travelling up to Gaydon for the National meet.
Go for the Mine's, just need to know how much Vodka will fit in the boot:squintdan :squintdan

·
Registered
656 Posts
What RON fuel is readily available in Moscow?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuel

They have everything from 80!! I have no idea how they even get this to burn ... 92, 95 are available everywhere ... 98 is in about a third of the petrol stations.

The best bit is it's 40.5p a litre :)

I don't know how it's quality is in the stations, but if necessary a spot of octane booster can be used for 'volume 11' moments.

ladas etc are not too big a problem, only about 20% of the cars on the road are these (not seen a Zil yet) but SUVs driven with 'gusto' are a greater hazard!

The 3.545 final drive sounds a good idea :) who needs giga top speed anyway ?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Welcome back Joss.
Many years ago you got me hooked into this scene so it will be great if you pick up another car.
BTW - 3.545 is the mega top speed final, you want 4.111 (or higher)
BTW2 - there is a world of difference between 'the' Mines car and their street spec version.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey Bean

I meant to say ... 'swapping the R34 3.545 for a 4.111 off an R33 sounds like a good idea as who needs the mega top speed (I only ever once 100% maxxed out the R34)

Yes the near 10k rev limit gives a lot of that Mine's car's tweaks away :)

Still something to aim at

:)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hey Joss and welcome back!

You should see what the boys at Abbey have done to my car...shhhh!

:squintdan
Claire

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Joss, I have an 34 'box in my 33 with the stock 4.111 diffs. It is a recent mod but I have been around the 'Ring, Spa and Donington and a little road use with it and it is better than the 5 speed with my 500+bhp.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Hark at you and your UserID=1 status.

:)
Your only jealous, Register caretaker!!! :chuckle: :chuckle: ;)

It is very nice to see you have not forgotten us Joss. :)

Buy the way, if you do get another GT-R, I'll be on your case to join the GTROC!!! :)
We do a great overseas package!!! :smokin: :smokin:
(But probably not as good as the one you are on).:chuckle:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts