GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The pistons have very little in the way of side skirt to stop the piston rocking in the bore and it looks like what there is is coated with a friction /wear reducer. I can see all the efforts to aid cooling and to reduce weight but i'm suprised, "there ain't much to 'em for 1000hp".

I run the JUN stroker Kit in my RB engine and if you compare the JUN pistons to the 2.8 HKS pistons the HKS items are a lot more substantial without being much heavier.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am sure Americans may take offence if I look down on the quality of their products ie, JE manufactured stroker kit, but I have more confidence in Cosworth's

·
Registered
388 Posts
they are je pistons

Nope, the pistons pictured in the JUN kit are manufactured by the Capricorn Group. :)

IMHO that's an insane price for a 200cc increase, although a nice bit of equipment nonetheless. What worries me about low supply volume kits like these is the availability of parts should the worst ever happen, not to mention the cost.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Capricorn bought out UK based Perfect Bore ltd who manufacture everything piston and bore related. Capricorn have a pretty solid reputation in racing circles supplying F1, NASCAR and Manthey Racing, amongst others.

As far as I'm aware the group break down is as follows:

Piston, Liners, Barrels, block machining happens in the UK - so it would seem the pistons are still UK made.

Crankshafts are made in France.

Connecting rods and race car preparation takes place in Germany.

Various other sales and testing locations around the globe. Check out their site for more info.

HTH

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's really expensive... Presumably the pistons / rods do not cost that much, why is the crank so expensive? What's so special about it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts