GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im johnny not relay posted on here but iv just got the car on the road and am looking for some help, The car was built in japan by jun auto mechanic. The specification is jun auto rods and pistons, not sure what oil pump and cams are in it but i am hopeing you can help me identify those. Nismo lemans turbos, Jun ecu hks evc boost controller.

The diffs in the car are also very stiff which sound worrying but there no worse than that of the n10 impreza prodrive rally car we run.

My worries are that the evc is not working i think it jsut needs set up but when it is on it just spikes to 1.4 bar then settles to .9 bar i think it just needs programed and i have the instructions just keeping it of till i get a chance but when i do program it i am thinking of running 1.2 bar will the lemans turbos hold this no problem and what sort of power should i expect?

sorry for the long winded post hope you guys can help

regards Johnny :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
You should take the car on a dyno and check if the engine is running safe. I`m sure that the turbos can take 1.2 bar or even more, but first you have to check that the engine is running a perfect tune. Remember that Jun probably tuned the ECU with Japanese higher octain fuel and now you need to adjust the engine timing for the fuel that you are running now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i have the ignition timing changed by turning the cam positioning sensor on the front of the engine or will i have to have it changed within the ecu as im sure the ecu is not programable.

thanks for your reply

johnny

·
Registered
435 Posts
Timing needs to be tuned from the ECU. You should go to a good recommended tuner garage and they point you in the right direction. A very good reason to take it on a dyno is because in case it detonates when the boost is turned up it will show on the power figures it makes. I think it`s time you invest in a good standalone programmable ecu and get it mapped to what fuel you are using.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts