GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you using JUN parts?

They seem to have a comprehesive list of Engine internals, inc valve trains, piston heads etc...

Anyone had first hand experience of them or imported their kit?

Cheers

·
Registered
326 Posts
From the background research I have done, they are pretty much one of the daddies when it comes to Japanese car tuning in Japan, having some of there cars as record holders at the Bonneville speed trials in the U.S., they had the Hyper Lemon R (a 1000bhp R33 skyline) their JunAkira Supra achieved an amazing 249.292MPH at Bonneville, http://www.junauto.co.jp/index-e.html
So they certainly know what they are doing.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The JUN Skyline at the recent Tsukuba test that you can find on DCD`s site was pushing out 750 horses, and man that was QUICK!!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Glen,

Hey - don`t drag me into this :p

It is a single yeah, but I couldn`t read the type beacuase of the lagging. The car looked pretty lightweight too.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Oooh dragged you in now

Kidding.

Cheers Bean :D

I'm definetly gone now..............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
336 Posts
Couldn't resist this one !!

I know which one I'd rather drive !

LOL !!

Gaz.

DISCLAIMER !!!!!!!
This is sarcasm !! It doesn't come across very well when the word is typed. Oh yeah, and I'm northern too so my sense of humour is slighly left of the middle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DCD said:
Yep it was running a single and judging from the noise it was making it was revving to stratospheric numbers!
I want it! Is it for sale!!!????

:D ;)

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Apparently YES! :D

The JUN Street Drag car was at the Osaka Auto Messe with a suggested 850 PS, and a slightly tamer body...damn :(

Price -- POA

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I remember Carboy importers in Ireland were importing the 1000 bhp R33 Hyperlemon R, a few years ago, priced at just under 100K (sterling).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes it was for sale a few months ago on this site.

Cheers Tom:smokin:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So....back on track

So are any of you UK based guys and gals using their kit at the moment??

Or more importantly does anyone import their kit??

...how do I put this bluntly I want to get a complete valve train kit...but I would like to hear about your experiences and or who your trusted importers/dealers would be in the UK...

Cheers

·
Registered
710 Posts
Simon,

I know Kiki knows the owner of Jun so I assume he could probably sort you out with a car if they were willing to sell.

Talat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts