GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I suppose the value of the individual parts is now a lot greater than what someone would pay for the whole car. It's a shame as it was a good looking car, regardless of its performance or history.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Massive massive shame. The Drag R was a bit of a hero car for me, I still have the Max Power issue from back in 1998 with the Supra. Probably one of the most legendary tuner Skylines around.

If I could afford it, I'd buy it and love to put it back to the 1998 spec

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
Big shame to see it broken.
Cannot believe it owes him £120k. No sequential and just a T51R SPL. Not that special apart from the history.

Given the way prices are going, give it 20 years and it will be worth 4 times that.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
I don't think the history is that relevant. How much has it been altered by various owners in the, erm 15 years or so it's been in the UK?

As either a complete car or as parts it's not worth 1/3rd of the asking price.

Shame though.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I don't think the TS car is that far from the original spec. Looks mostly greddy twin turbos and Greddy intake and whatever gearbox was fitted missing from the old max power spec. Pretty easy to restore.

When you look at how these iconic jap tuner cars inspired a generation of petrol heads, and how most of them have ended up scrapped, then the value of these dinosaurs can only go one way.

Still not worth 120k yet though.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
I don't think the TS car is that far from the original spec. Looks mostly greddy twin turbos and Greddy intake and whatever gearbox was fitted missing from the old max power spec. Pretty easy to restore.
Yes, but, it has had one UK engine rebuild that I know of and three or four owners since then, so who knows what else. It's about as Top Secret as if I built it.

You can restore the TS spec, but it will never the Top Secret Drag R again. Same goes for the Lemon, Duke, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
Maintenance by the tuning house has nothing to do with the legend. As long as someone competent has twirled the spanners.

The car, the performance and the spec creates the legend.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
21 - 40 of 70 Posts