GTR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm curious how this all goes together. Do you have a link to the instructions? Could you take photos as it goes together perhaps?

It seems to me that the plate in the top left goes between the front two cam caps, and there are 4 longer studs accordingly. The piece bottom left clamps around the camshaft and puts oil into the cam to actuate the front pulley. That bottom left piece locates in the slot of the top left piece and has two holes pointing up. One has pressurized oil going into it, and the other is the relief port. It's not clear to me how that piece locates for and aft on the cam shaft, also why it doesn't fret on the locating plate. Do the o-ringed shafts are in the bottom middle - they bridge from the plate to the bottom of the cam cover?

Cam bolt, triangular sealing plate make sense, as does the oil pressure feed T(comes off the oil pressure sender?)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
I'm curious how this all goes together. Do you have a link to the instructions? Could you take photos as it goes together perhaps?

It seems to me that the plate in the top left goes between the front two cam caps, and there are 4 longer studs accordingly. The piece bottom left clamps around the camshaft and puts oil into the cam to actuate the front pulley. That bottom left piece locates in the slot of the top left piece and has two holes pointing up. One has pressurized oil going into it, and the other is the relief port. It's not clear to me how that piece locates for and aft on the cam shaft, also why it doesn't fret on the locating plate. Do the o-ringed shafts are in the bottom middle - they bridge from the plate to the bottom of the cam cover?

Cam bolt, triangular sealing plate make sense, as does the oil pressure feed T(comes off the oil pressure sender?)
I’ll take some pics of the instructions over the weekend for ya, but I’m sure someone on here would be able to explain it better.

·
Registered
25,231 Posts
Hi Dan

my experience with V cam is different with the 34 set up as the one i have was a development pre-production unit offered by HKS to Gio for testing. (its 1/30 from memory) its not the commercial one you can buy

the commerical v cam i bought for the 32, will be matched with an FCON and fitted to the n1 engine my 32 runs at the moment.

it will add abit of poke low down but there are alot of associated costs as you know to fit vcam (also painting of the covers etc, plus the obvious set up)

best results are with a 2.8

221 - 240 of 363 Posts