GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I'm located in Toronto, Canada and service/import GT-R's.

I just picked up this car for myself. It has
"JUN Special Engine RB26DETT-R" on the valve cover and lots of mods

Do any of you know about this engine?

I've heard R designates race spec; but I can't find any info on this engine... Here's what we know the car has on it so far...

* 18" VOLK RIMS
* Brembo Calipers & Slotted Rotors
* TEIN Fully Adjustable Suspension.
* ARC INTERCOOLER
* APEXi METAL HEAD GASKET
* HKS ROLL CAGE
* A/M EXHAUST
* JUN HIGH STAGE CAMS
* HKS EVC BOOST CONTROLLER
* A/M ECU
* HKS I/C PIPING
* MOMO STEERING WHEEL
* Nismo 320 km meter

Your help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
Mitch

·
Registered
930 Posts
hi mitch, have you tried contacting jun with an engine serial number?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't have the car yet in our pocession in Canada; just wondering if anyone has heard of a RB26DETT-R from Jun.

I know they usually make Honda engines... and some really wild RB's...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not a fan of JUN-K products, quality is very poor on some of the components, and I wouldnt use I beam rods over H beam ones. Tomie all the way for me!!:D

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Monster said:
Not a fan of JUN-K products, quality is very poor on some of the components, and I wouldnt use I beam rods over H beam ones. Tomie all the way for me!!:D

True the Hyper Lemon R 3 only did a top speed of 383.715 km/h.
With there JUN-K products.

What you didn't know that there Machine shop in
Sekimachikita Nerimaku Tokyo.
Also make thing's for other tuning companies so there JUN-K products are in a lot more cars than you think.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
JDM-IMPORTS said:
Hello All, I'm located in Toronto, Canada and service/import GT-R's.

I just picked up this car for myself. It has
"JUN Special Engine RB26DETT-R" on the valve cover and lots of mods

Do any of you know about this engine?

I've heard R designates race spec; but I can't find any info on this engine... Here's what we know the car has on it so far...

* 18" VOLK RIMS
* Brembo Calipers & Slotted Rotors
* TEIN Fully Adjustable Suspension.
* ARC INTERCOOLER
* APEXi METAL HEAD GASKET
* HKS ROLL CAGE
* A/M EXHAUST
* JUN HIGH STAGE CAMS
* HKS EVC BOOST CONTROLLER
* A/M ECU
* HKS I/C PIPING
* MOMO STEERING WHEEL
* Nismo 320 km meter

Your help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
Mitch
Mitch.

I will try and give you the best help i can.
I am in Contact with Jun all the time. So pm me if you need any help and i will try my best mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate your help.... my email is [email protected]

What I would like are the specs/info on the JUN Special Engine RB26DETT-R engine and what to look for to properly identify the engine.

I'm interested in what the R designation really means....

The engine is currently in a 1991 White GT-R32...

Thanks!
Mitch

BTW.... you guys are light years ahead of us in Canada. We were just finally able to import Skyline BNR32's two years ago. I'm an importer trying to bring in good quality examples into Canada; but a lot of junkers are finding their way here...

Check out www.gtrcanada.com to see what's going on in Canada.

Thanks!
Mitch

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mitch....Make sure you inquire with Canada Customs about the roll cage. A few cars coming into Canada have been halted because they have been labelled "modified", and one thing they are looking for are cages and racing seats.
Mind you, you've probably brought in lots of cars by now so I'm sure you are aware of this.....

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hmm bit of a sweeping statement me thinks :chuckle:
Thank god the JUN not JUNK pistons, rods, oil pump helped me set a new RB25 GTST world record - I'll have to be careful not to order any JUNK products next time :smokin:

Monster said:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its usually associated with a JUN crate motor, which is just a N1 block with their 2.7L stroker kit in it (forged full counterweight crank, conrods, pistons). In saying that thought it could also be a stock standard engine with a JUN Special Engine plug cover :)

Dont know where the JUN-K statement comes from as the quality I have seen is the best from any Jap manufacturer. One guy here is using a 2.7L stroker in his R34 GTR making 690kw at all four wheels in its all day every day street trim.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Amaru said:
Its usually associated with a JUN crate motor, which is just a N1 block with their 2.7L stroker kit in it (forged full counterweight crank, conrods, pistons). In saying that thought it could also be a stock standard engine with a JUN Special Engine plug cover :)

Dont know where the JUN-K statement comes from as the quality I have seen is the best from any Jap manufacturer. One guy here is using a 2.7L stroker in his R34 GTR making 690kw at all four wheels in its all day every day street trim.
My thoughts as well.

JUN-K Statement is well out of order

·
Registered
67 Posts
ZILR said:
Who is that?
Croydon built car, RH9. Owner lives here in the ACT. Is running twin HKS 3240's. It is street driven quite a fair bit.

http://www.croydonracingdevelopments.com.au/gallery/rh9gtr/Picture_053
http://www.croydonracingdevelopments.com.au/gallery/rh9gtr/Picture_052

Theres also another Croydon built car here which was in HPI recently (numberplates JUN) using a JUN 2.7L stroker with T51R-SPL making well over 500kw at all four wheels on pump fuel, and is quite often used to drive the owner to and from work during the week.

http://www.croydonracingdevelopments.com.au/gallery/jungtr/IMG_1454

·
Registered
630 Posts
Excellent link **** - Cheers :)

Rog

p.s. good luck with your R32s in Canada buddy :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts