GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone interested in owning a very quick skyline (10.2 qtr mile in uk, 6.9 to 100 tested by Autocar) may be interested in the Jun R33.

I'd like to see the car being used a little more, as I have rarely had time to use it. The full spec is available on a few websites (www.greersport.com www.skylinegtr.com).

It has covered only 4,000 miles since built in 1997. Nothing has been changed on the car apart from a set of 6 pot AP's (car had standard brakes!).

This car is not what I would class as fully road going due to the diffs being setup for straight line traction, and they are a litttle noisy under cornering. I would cover 100 mile round trips ok, but you need a break after that :)

It's difficult to value the car due to the unique spec., but I would be looking for around £45k. Open to a trade/swap as I enjoy trying different toys.

Dave.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your car has been discussed a *lot* on these forums :)
A few people had questions about the gearbox, is it standard R33 with OS Gilken gear kit as reported in Banzai mag or something different ?
I have seen this car run at Crail, very impressive.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
amazing car...

... I remember the Autocar article and seeing it advertised for sale a few years ago Evo for well over £100k. It was one of the cars that got me very interested in Skylines!

Here is are direct links to the specs - Greersport Page

GTR Page

If I didn't drive my GTR to work every day then I'd have this car!
:cool:

Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car does have an OS Giken gear kit. In Japan it originally used the Trust 6 speed unit, but seemingly this was not too reliable. I spoke to Jun after acquiring the car (in fact Junichi's daughter came to Scotland to see the car run at crail :) ) and at that time he only recommended the Holinger box (this was 2 years ago). They went for the OS Giken kit for reliability when they sold the two cars made.

Dave.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Jun Lemon

Dave,

It's a real pleasure to see you finally made it to the GTR board, albeit that you are about to sell the car.

As has been mentioned, the car has been discussed many times, but has been seen by only a very few. Perhaps if you were to bring it to a GTR event, more people would be able to judge the car themselves and you might find a potential buyer.

I understand it is difficult to make time, but there are also a number of GTR enthusiasts in Scotland (JasonO, Hugh Keir, Charlie and Keith to name a few) who manage to attend UK events.

You might even find your enthusiasm for the GTR becomes renewed, if you have a chance to race against a few other powerful GTRs.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Guy

PS I did consider the car myself some time ago, but proceeded to build my R34 to very high bhp and am also importing a Japanese Drag Racing R32.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi Dave

I've edited your first post as you had put a comma after .com in the Greersport link.

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Hi Dave,

Nice to see you here at last, sorry were all invading your forsale post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the hello's :)

The car's colour would not have been my first choice either, and I did toy with the idea of having it painted, but wanted to keep the car as original as possible.

I do have an RS200, which I hope to be out in a few times next year. It may be quicker than the skyline, but too close to call just now. It has held the 0 - 60 record for a good few years now (9 I think) but now has quite a few more HP :)

Dave.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rs200 evo

does Harvy Gibbs maintain your Rs200 as i have seen it there a few times for servicing and general maitainace

it's nice car and it's a geniune evo , 1 of only 20 ever made ;)

if i won the lotto it is the first car on my list as i love the Rs200/evo , and mostly all groub b rally cars as they were different league to the rally cars running today :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Dan,

I visted Hathaway in my Cosworth era (that was before 1997); he had an RS500 there, then owned by Dieter K. (German, hill climb) which he was selling because he had bought an RS200 which was also dealt with by Hathaway. Fantastic car ! (RS200)

Andre.

PS RS500 is nice too, just a little pathetic seeing them beaten by the R32 GT-R in Australia.. ;)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Andre,

Hath is a pretty close contact of ours, I went to college with his daugther too! He has done some crazyyyyy Cosworths in his time ... :D

We owned a road RS500 at work for a while, I believe one of only 48 made in white (we used to race Cosworths before SAAB's) and were the Willhire race winners in 1988 I believe ... maybe earlier, so we had good contact with Hath.

I think he's running rally cars these days :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
153 Posts
somburg

The Rs500 was only beaten in Australia ;) not suprise as it was 4wd and 4wsteer

when the car was a prototype in BTCC

in Britian and Austrailia the Rs500 had no problem in dominating out right class and results between 1987-1989 but there was scattered opposition that looked most serious in Aus.

The Fords((including the spectacle of former GM Holden star Peter Brock in a "a four-letter car !! ring a bell)))
did not have too much trouble the opposition from TWR Special Vehicle Operations Holden V8's.....But Nissain did have the right elements in place, first with the comparative square-rigged(Shoe box) Skyline GTR-S ... it was a force in Britian and Europe and the Howard marden operation.then the japanese AXED it at the close of 1988...........and then with an aerodynamic GTR that really was 'the business'.

Nissan technology included four-wheel drive and four wheel steer puls a turbo twin cam six.....

This only come a reality in the 1990 season, and was not offered for sale in Europe :: never the less some British production racing was planned to challengethe Cosworth momopoly and it looked an Austrailian and Japanese caertainaty at least to give the RS500 the compertion it had been lacking

Cheers Marco

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have seen the Jun Superlemon in the flesh a few times and also saw it run at Crail.
All i can say is it is the fastest (sort of) road car i have seen. It won against a racing motorbike down the quarter mile. (10.4s i think)

http://www.ectuning.com/lemon1.JPG

It would be quite a car for anyone to own, but unfortunately im about £40K short so it wont be me! Unless Dave is looking for someone to give it a run every now and then.... id even pay the fuel ;)

Oh and ive also seen the RS200 though never in action as in typical ford style it broke down when it was up at crail. Still one of my alltime favourite cars though!

//\\//\\ark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts