GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone interested in owning a very quick skyline (10.2 qtr mile in uk, 6.9 to 100 tested by Autocar) may be interested in the Jun R33.

I'd like to see the car being used a little more, as I have rarely had time to use it. The full spec is available on a few websites (www.greersport.com www.skylinegtr.com).

It has covered only 4,000 miles since built in 1997. Nothing has been changed on the car apart from a set of 6 pot AP's (car had standard brakes!).

This car is not what I would class as fully road going due to the diffs being setup for straight line traction, and they are a litttle noisy under cornering. I would cover 100 mile round trips ok, but you need a break after that :)

It's difficult to value the car due to the unique spec., but I would be looking for around £45k. Open to a trade/swap as I enjoy trying different toys.

Dave.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car does have an OS Giken gear kit. In Japan it originally used the Trust 6 speed unit, but seemingly this was not too reliable. I spoke to Jun after acquiring the car (in fact Junichi's daughter came to Scotland to see the car run at crail :) ) and at that time he only recommended the Holinger box (this was 2 years ago). They went for the OS Giken kit for reliability when they sold the two cars made.

Dave.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the hello's :)

The car's colour would not have been my first choice either, and I did toy with the idea of having it painted, but wanted to keep the car as original as possible.

I do have an RS200, which I hope to be out in a few times next year. It may be quicker than the skyline, but too close to call just now. It has held the 0 - 60 record for a good few years now (9 I think) but now has quite a few more HP :)

Dave.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.