GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Rs200 evo

does Harvy Gibbs maintain your Rs200 as i have seen it there a few times for servicing and general maitainace

it's nice car and it's a geniune evo , 1 of only 20 ever made ;)

if i won the lotto it is the first car on my list as i love the Rs200/evo , and mostly all groub b rally cars as they were different league to the rally cars running today :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
somburg

The Rs500 was only beaten in Australia ;) not suprise as it was 4wd and 4wsteer

when the car was a prototype in BTCC

in Britian and Austrailia the Rs500 had no problem in dominating out right class and results between 1987-1989 but there was scattered opposition that looked most serious in Aus.

The Fords((including the spectacle of former GM Holden star Peter Brock in a "a four-letter car !! ring a bell)))
did not have too much trouble the opposition from TWR Special Vehicle Operations Holden V8's.....But Nissain did have the right elements in place, first with the comparative square-rigged(Shoe box) Skyline GTR-S ... it was a force in Britian and Europe and the Howard marden operation.then the japanese AXED it at the close of 1988...........and then with an aerodynamic GTR that really was 'the business'.

Nissan technology included four-wheel drive and four wheel steer puls a turbo twin cam six.....

This only come a reality in the 1990 season, and was not offered for sale in Europe :: never the less some British production racing was planned to challengethe Cosworth momopoly and it looked an Austrailian and Japanese caertainaty at least to give the RS500 the compertion it had been lacking

Cheers Marco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.